Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
It'd be fun to race someone at a light with one of those.

"Oh, I'm sorry.... Did my gay little european car just smoke your Camaro?"

·
Registered
155 Posts
Reminds me of the original Mini 'cause it appears to be pretty nimble. Probably be great for auto-x. However, smokey burnouts and donuts don't really show me much. Probably not street legal or we'd would have seen something other than parking lot footage.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2007-02-13 16:49, superduty wrote:
Reminds me of the original Mini 'cause it appears to be pretty nimble. Probably be great for auto-x. However, smokey burnouts and donuts don't really show me much. Probably not street legal or we'd would have seen something other than parking lot footage.
If you look on you tube for videos, you will see some road driving and drag strip racing too. :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
On 2007-02-13 16:52, roadkill wrote:
If you look on you tube for videos, you will see some road driving and drag strip racing too. :cool:
I was thinking of Smarts mod'd like this one not being legal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On 2007-02-13 13:54, Captain_Rat wrote:
Those look like a blast to stunt in. Not good for much else since it looks like the engine takes up the front passenger compartment.

Capt.
The engine is in the rear of these babies... They are "legal" in the UK I think? They do manufacture a kit to repower your Smart :cool: Smartuki

Who cares if you can smoke the big boys in your "hairdresser" car!! :-D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There was a trend a couple or ten years ago to build small race cars using Suzuki GT750 "Waterbuffalo" engines (Was that "Kettle" in the UK?)

Also, there was a small sports car that used a Triumph Daytona 1200 engine AND gearbox. Reverse was in the rear-end, so it had 6 backwards gears! By all accounts the thing was quite the little performer, and weighed about as much as a dresser Harley.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I think there's more room in the Speedy than in one of those. Definitely would be a hoot to drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts