Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have good small storage solutions for around the handlebars maybe? preferably i'd like something small mounted on the frame rail under the seat for easy access. just big enough for registration, and some basic tools. pics would be great if ya got em!

ps trying to avoid tank bags

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cortech Sport Tail Bag

anyone have good small storage solutions for around the handlebars maybe? preferably i'd like something small mounted on the frame rail under the seat for easy access. just big enough for registration, and some basic tools. pics would be great if ya got em!

ps trying to avoid tank bags
If you'd be interested in something just a bit bigger, the Cortech Sport tail bag has served me well. It's big enough to hold a tri-tip and a six pack.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Storage

Had the same thought myself! Was @ a Honda dealer for something & looked @ their bags etc. Found a Tourmaster bag that fits just between the bars rite on!! $14!!! If ya wanna see it- Look in albums under Grey Plague (1 pic only ) is Capt D BB.The bag fitrs rite on & doesnt block any view of guages etc.. It was the only one there @ the time. WATER PROOF, & some other nice sttuff pouches etc.. Take a look! @ $14- how can ya lose?

·
30,533 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have removed the airbox, you can make a handy dandy little storage box to go under the battery holder:

Some people have made a similar storage compartment by using easily available plastic pipe and fittings. You can read about it here:

http://www.triumphrat.net/club-cafe/45118-tool-carrier-for-nark-instructions-long.html
prop, that looks great! especially convienient if you have the tool-less side bolts from NB!! that alone is now making me really want to get a airbox elimination kit. did you manufacture the box yourself? or is that sold somewhere???

·
30,533 Posts
I made the lower part of the box myself, and simply rivetted it onto a battery box that I got from British customs. You can use any of the different ARK kits. I will publish drawings in the next few weeks of the little storage box, it is pretty easy to make using a pop rivet gun, 0.04" aluminum, and a bench vice with some angle iron as a bending tool. I used a press brake for the bending but you don't need that.

The work in progress pics are all buried in the winter projects thread:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/100978-winter-project-updates-share-them-here.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts