Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
small female plug in wiring harness behind gauges was wondering if this could be used for GPS. It has small wires ,one black, one black with a white stripe. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If it's a 1050, there are two sockets behind the gauges, one with 3 wires (used for the Triumph heated grips) and one with 2 wires (GPS connection). They are fed directly from the battery (via a fuse, of course) and are not switched.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If it's a 1050, there are two sockets behind the gauges, one with 3 wires (used for the Triumph heated grips) and one with 2 wires (GPS connection). They are fed directly from the battery (via a fuse, of course) and are not switched.
On the 955, the 3-wire heated grip connector has both switched and unswitched power to it. I have just fitted Daytona heated grips and used a relay, energised by the switched line and using the unswitched for power to the grips. The unswitched is in the same circuit as the accessory socket, so has a 10A fuse covering it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
ChazzyB, I've just checked the cct. diagram and I reckon you're right, there's a switched and unswitched lead. The switched lead is obviously meant to operate a relay. However, the 2-wire gps connector is definitely unswitched.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts