Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good, grippy, replacement rear brake pedal?

My foot keeps slipping off the edge of the original, quite possibly just me, but it can be a heart stopper at a junction.:D

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I`ve had the foot slippin off the brake pedal a few times, tryin some O rings at the mo, they fit in the grooves on the 05 mod Tigger !! the outer one never lasts very long but is a bit better than without them !!

have been thinkin about the file thing, i`ll wait till we get a report back from nutter !!

go 4 it !!

KK

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Truck Bed Liner Rattle can

What I did was go to pep boys got a rattle can of Duraliner truck bed liner sprayed it on some card board added some silica and painted it on with a small craft brush. After 15000 miles it still works like a charm. All for 5 bucks

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Wow! I've never had the problem on either brake or gearshift. I wear Colorado hiking boots mostly, as they're a good compromise for riding to work. When I go proper riding I wear MX/Enduro boots, but still have never slipped off either levers....

Now, if you were talking about slipping off the pegs occasionally.... that's a project coming up, fabricating some of my own....

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have never had a problem with mine either. I do have Buell footpegs fitted to my Tiger and as they are lower than standard I spent a bit of time adjusting the brake pedal so that I only need to move the toe of my boot over to cover the pedal, no need to lift my foot. :)

Andy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same problem on my 1050 when it rains in very cold weather though I have proper boots. I will change then some time...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I think you're all barking up the wrong tree.
IMO the problem stems from the pedal being too close to the engine. The width of the petrol tank forces your knees apart which, in turn splays your feet out at the toes. So, the pedal either needs bending outwards slightly or, as I did, fit an extension to the top to make the pedal wider so that your foot finds it naturally. Worked for me anyway.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I find that the footrest move too easily on their pivots when
I need to move my feet around.

I've put it down to the return springs being weak.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Good point blacktiger, ill do some rootin ithe shed at the weekend to see if i can find some Ally checkerplate to make an extension;)
If you do do that you'll find that you can drill two holes along the centre line for some M4 countersunk screws and the nuts fit nicely in the groove on the underside of the pedal.

Please tell everyone here if the mod works for you as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
foot control mods

any pics of these mods would be great. I would love for the shifter to be shorter and the brake to be wider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts