Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a slipper for the S3 exist? If so, who builds and sells it?

I've never been on a bike with one installed, but I have been on a bike when the idiot driving it dropped one too many gears entering a slippery turn while already leaned over. I'm told a slipper is very forgiving.

Any thoughts?

kjazz

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
None. No thoughts wotsoever?? (head hanging in shame and disbelief).....

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
kjazz, I don't know of anyone making these for speedy, but I have ridden a 06 ZX6r with a slipper clutch and reverse shift pattern. It was on the street, and plus with the reverse shift pattern(I wasn't used to this at all! :hammer: ), I wasn't exactly bang'n downshifts, or would that be upshifts? :hammer: :-D Anyways, just more useless text from the cheapster, I have ridden with one, but didn't really git to try it out. :(

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Cheap, I haven't figured out the need for reverse shifting. A buddy of mine did his D675 up in reverse because his Norton has it and didn't want the confusion.

Maybe I'm just thinking a slipper would do too much, like totally forgiving a mis-shift (down) while deep in a turn. If it works as good as my imagination, I think a slipper would be cool to have on the track especially, or maybe the street too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
*****, first my brakes we screwed up and now my backlash eliminator gear isn't working. Er, ah, what is a backlash eliminator gear?

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2006-12-28 12:54, drainbamage wrote:
Hmmm.... aren't all >=05 triples fitted with some kind of backlash eliminator gearbox?
http://www.webbikeworld.com/triumph-motorcycles/speed-triple/
I've found that same reference (Backlash Eliminating Clutch) but all it says is that is was designed to smooth shifting, not to function as a slipper(?). Thanks for pointing that out. I'll ask the dealer what he know.
kjazz

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2006-12-28 12:27, kwajazz wrote:
None. No thoughts wotsoever?? (head hanging in shame and disbelief).....
Sorry, I was aghast at a ghost making posts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts