Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ive always had shops just put on my slip ons while i was doing other work. but what do you need to put the slip on on? any kind of sealant, etc? id prefer just do it myself and it sounds simple enough by name, but im new tinker guy so im not sure. thanks for any help ahead of time.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Slip ons usually clamp tightly enough that no sealant is necessary. However, if it doesn't, or you just want to be sure of no leaks, use a high heat RTV silicone sealant...make sure it's oxygen sensor safe.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
dude, it's so easy, don't pay the dealer to install it! :hammer: Tops time would be around 10 minutes if yer removing midpipe and all. There's really nothing to it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zard slip on. ill post some before and after pics once i get it on. still have a week to wait.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awesome, thanks john, i might have to take you up on that offer when it comes in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I installed mine last Saturday....took about 20 min. The hardest part was loosening the bolt on the clamp for the Y pipe...what a pain in the ass...

Have fun, that Zard makes the sweetest music!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts