Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these gas caps?

Picked one up because it looked cool but found out that the black color fades quickly and it doesn't seem like it vents properly. For example today temps began in the mid forties and as they climbed to the 70's this is what I found. I realize coolant is on the of S3 nuances, just more curious if anyone using the same gas cap has the same issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
It happens on my T595 if I fill the tank right up. It's quite sensitive to it. Never had it happen on my S3 though. The actual gas cap shouldn't make any difference. Always leave a small ullage space when filling to allow for expansion and it won't happen. It's hardly likely to affect tank range.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi , I made the mistake of buying one as well .The breather vent does not line up with the pipe ,after trying it I placed the original back on .I think there should be a tight air seal with the pipe on the top of the fuel tank other wise , otherwise fuel will slosh up to the cavity and the fall down the pipe with gravity .It may fit a 675 ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts