Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it ain't pretty but it'll keep it from gettin' uglier. Spent my evening putting on a set of front and rear sliders as part of the track day prep. Installation is pretty straightforward, but drilling the holes in the fairing is a PITA. There's a little bulge in the fairing over each engine mounting bolt, so in addition to getting it lined up, you're drillin' at odd angles. I got one side right. The other? Not so right. See below.

Fairing off.

The plastic covers a whole lotta ugly. Need to wash that.

Right side came out okay. Need to clean up the edges with a file, but it's tight.

Left side? Not so hot. First hole was down and to the left. I'll dress it up and paint the bare white plastic black. No biggie.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Coming along nicely R100. Got a date for the track in mind yet?

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Funny. You're putting sliders on "in case" something goes wrong. I wouldn't worry too much about the hole placement or any perceived aesthetic faux pas.

The TT is a great looking bike. The more I see them, the more I like them.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The more I ride the TT, the more I like it :-D

I look at sliders the way I look at insurance - payin' for somethin' you hope to never use. But it beats buyin' bodywork.

It doesn't look all that bad. The first cut was down and to the left/front by about 3/8 of an inch, so unless you're standing at the angle the picture was taken, it's not apparent. I'm waiting for a set of Pazzos, then I'll get some better shots when it's all done and cleaned up.

Can't do the track days until I get the leathers. The band has a few holiday party gigs which should pretty much cover that expense (with Christmas presents, December is an expensive month!). So it'll probably be January before I get to Jennings. They don't have any of the 2007 schedule posted yet on the site.

·
Registered
907 Posts
On 2006-11-27 14:00, R100Pilot wrote:
The more I ride the TT, the more I like it :-D

I look at sliders the way I look at insurance - payin' for somethin' you hope to never use. But it beats buyin' bodywork.

It doesn't look all that bad. The first cut was down and to the left/front by about 3/8 of an inch, so unless you're standing at the angle the picture was taken, it's not apparent. I'm waiting for a set of Pazzos, then I'll get some better shots when it's all done and cleaned up.

Can't do the track days until I get the leathers. The band has a few holiday party gigs which should pretty much cover that expense (with Christmas presents, December is an expensive month!). So it'll probably be January before I get to Jennings. They don't have any of the 2007 schedule posted yet on the site.
I'll be at jennings for any "Turn One Performance" track days!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm thinking seriously about putting sliders on my D650 for the same reason, but I'm going to take my bike to the shop I get it serviced at. It's an independent shop, and the owner said that if they mess it up, they buy me new plastics. I'll pay the $150 or so for them to do it, cause I'm RICH BIATCH!!!! J/K, it's more like I'm incompetent when it comes to such things. I can't drive a nail through a snow bank without bending it.

[ This message was edited by: mdgore on 2007-02-27 21:55 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts