Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah...yeah..yeah.....Finally!

I broke down and bought a Costco $100 special camera today and took some photos TODAY of my bike.
What do you think?

-Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Okay...I just was contacted by a guy in Texas. He called and says he's buying it Monday for my 6K price. I am giving him the Mivv pipe and Tank bag along with everything in the photo. Hmmm...maybe I am making a big mistake? I've got it decked out nice I think. Is it a very fair deal since I've got 13k into it?
Then Monday, I go buy my sport touring bike I suppose.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jeez, I hope you Americans realize how good you have it when it comes to bike prices. $6K sounds like a smokin' deal to me. I'm sure the same bike would easily be US$2K more up here in Canada.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeez, I hope you Americans realize how good you have it when it comes to bike prices. $6K sounds like a smokin' deal to me. I'm sure the same bike would easily be US$2K more up here in Canada.
....ya but our bikes don't come with a free health care plan.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still waiting on the naked asian chick pictures.:)
Dude...I can't post those. By the way, I just heard a guy posted a nude photo on the web with the model's permission and he is being sued. Have you heard about this? I don't even have her permission. Yikes.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's okay. That is a good price for your bike, what kinda price are you able to get the Tiger . Without checking NADA, I would guess that a dealer could have given you 6 thou or clost to on trade. Then you would then be able to save on tax on new purchase and flea-bay the extras too.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
About 9k or so possibly for a demo maybe less. So, I'll have to come up with a few grand which is fine.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Boy, 6k is a real deal. Considering it give or take 10k out the door last year.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most places around California were 11k OTD last year. Now, in 2009 they are even a little more. But, perhaps with the economic woes, you can swing a deal for 10K and then you'll put 2k in extras like I did. So, new you've got 12-13k. Or you can get mine for about half --at 6k and when you sell it, you might lose 2k maybe. Sounds good for someone looking for a Triple.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just as an FYI,

In January, I bought an early 2007 with 1,200 miles with plastic tank and old style exaust with Trident cans, sargent seat, plastic hugger, rear cowl, flyscreen, bellypan, pazzo levers, and tuneboy for $7,800 + $550 shipping + ~$750 taxes and fees from a private seller (~$9,100).

Even though your miles are high, I think your price is a steal for an '08.

·
Registered
93 Posts
doh! there goes my chance of selling my nicely equipped 05 with 18K for $5500! :p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SOLD IT

I got the money. It is going to be shipped to Texas. Now I am going to try a sport touring machine of some sort. If I don't like it, then I will have to get another Speedy. They are a hell of a bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats up everyone, I stumbled across this thread and thought I would go ahead and introduce myself, I'm the proud new owner of skygodmatt's 08 S3. I'm stoked and can't wait to get it here. Matt is an awesome guy to deal with. He had a great amount of patience waiting for me to get things in line to get him the money and arrange the shipping, would have been alot less hastle to just sell it local. Thanks again Matt. :D:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts