Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't tell the Speed Triple guys this, but I've always been a closet Tiger fan. I've riden an 02' and it ran good with the obvious differences from a Speed Triple. Then today I sat on an 05' down at the dealer just for satisfaction, however today the Tiger seemed very BIG. For what ever reason it felt very wide. How do the Steamers feel with respect to size? I've never seen one in person, let alone one at a dealer I can test ride. Between the girls and steamers which are more compact?

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-11-16 15:23, Euro wrote:
Don't tell the Speed Triple guys this, but I've always been a closet Tiger fan.
:lgh: Too late Euro, you've been spotted by the cheapster! :-D I always knew you were hiding in that closet fer sumt'n, I just thought it was sumt'n else! :-D Tigers are cool, especially the 07's! :-D

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2006-11-21 08:40 ]

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for the info. Why did you sell the S3, if you don't mind me asking? It was an '06 wasn't it? Seems like a brief stint
[/quote]

Yep, like Cheap said, I have an '07 Tiger on the way. I loved the S3, the most fun bike I have ever owned. A year ago I won a Kawi Z1000 in a drawing and just did not like the way it felt and vibrated. So, I got rid of it and bought a Kawi Meanstreak, also one of the most fun bikes I have ever owned. Anyway, I still felt the need for speed and had the opportunity to test ride an S3. That was all it took and I purchased it on the spot. I then started going on rides with groups and we started planning longer rides for next year. I could not see taking the Meany or the Speedy on a long trip so I started Eyeballing the Tiger. I thought I would just pick up a used Tiger to travel on, but the wife put her foot down and said only two bikes allowed. Shortly there abouts, the press release on the '07 Tiger came out and Wham! It hit me, the new Tiger is real similar to the S3 but would be perfect for traveling as well. So, I figured the Tiger would be a great compromise since I could not have three bikes. I know, I know why did I not get rid of the Meany, well there's something special about her and we do enjoy our flings together. Pretty sure I am going to have a good time on the new Tiger too if she will ever get here. :(

Oh, and to answer your question Euro, the new '07 is slimmer than the girlies and the steamers. It feels real good and has the same motor as the 1050 S3 :-D I had the opportunity to sit on one when the Triumph test ride came through town a couple of weeks ago.

[ This message was edited by: OKCTriple on 2006-11-22 06:24 ]

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
> Don't tell the Speed Triple guys this...

If Cheap hadn't already busted you, I would. :)

No, not really. I have an '01 Tiger and an '05 Speed Triple, so I understand completely.

In a way, the '07 Tiger makes me think of a Speed Triple whose suspension was put on growth hormones for a while and whose tank had minor plastic surgery.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts