Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently fitted a pair of brown Sixt8 leather bags to my '05 Bonnie. There are two chrome brackets that support the bags which are mounted to the passenger footrest and top of the rear shock. The pocket on the back of the saddle bag slides over this mount on the bike and is secured with plastic luggage clips at the top to stop it flying off.
However there seems to be a lot of play and it does not seem very secure. I feel that there should be something to secure these bags at the bottom to prevent any free play. Has anyone had issues with these bags especially if you get up to speed? There is nothing to stop them twisting upwards it seems.

Cheers Doug.

·
30,533 Posts
I have these bags, and have had no issues with them at all, even at 100 mph. Not that I do that very often you understand. :unsure:

Oh - I do have the play you are talking about, but no issues with them sliding off or anything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.

I did notice that half way along the lower section of the bracket there is a small hook, like it was supposed to engage on something, however there is nothing on the bag itself to latch onto this.

Is this a universal bracket that is used for different type of bags?

·
30,533 Posts
It is indeed a universal bracket - it is sold as the bracket for all the different Triumph bags for Bonnie Thruxton and Scrambler. That little hook must be for one of the other bags - either that or a tie off point for the cord on the waterproof cover.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have these bags too and the play is there,
but it doesn't flop around at all.

I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts