Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a metal fab class at the local city college. I scored some good metal from the bone yard at the metal supply shop and made this sissy bar. It's made with 3/4 inch square tubing and the brakets are 1/4 inch plate. Sorry for the crappy night photos. I'm going to make a luggage rack coming out just above the tail light... may or may not be removable, haven't decided. Finish is still up in the air, too. Probably paint since I'm on student income, either black or match the dark green that's on the rest of her.

Needs some sanding with a lighter touch before finishing:eek:.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I've got some matching handlebars in the works(1" square tube except the grip area). They will still be apes with ~16 inches of rise. I'm not sure how far this square tube idea is going, but there's still half a semester before I'll have to get my own welding equipment to keep working at it:p

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Nice job,Verde. I made this little rack-n-loop a couple years ago,from scraps too. Kinda fun,just messin around,huh?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, I like that union jack. It is pretty fun, but it can all to quickly go from "messing around" to "...then I'm making some matching square pegs, then a coffin tank, then..." Pretty soon it high jacks all time and sanity:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Well,just don`t dwell on any one aspect.My Corbin/Roadglide seat arrives tomorrow,for re contouring and fitting,I have a used swingarm coming,that I`m going to lengthen and I`m mentally designing a fiberglass gas tank.I`ll have time for "other stuff" when I`m dead.:D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not dwelling on any one aspect seems to be the root of my problem. Too many things going on and nothing ever seems to get done:brick: Still fun though.

Speaking of seats, that's another on my list that might follow... don't know if the idea of a king/queen seat is growing on me or not...

Have you done much fiberglass work? The very little I've done on this bike could have gone much smoother than it did.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Maybe 8 or 10 seat pans,a few fenders,side covers and a dozen cowls of all shapes and sizes.Its fun too,and gets easier every time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might have to hit you up for some tips on making a seat then. I want to do fiberglass instead of sheet metal so I don't hinder the pager alarm.

Here's the "matching" handle bars I put together. 120 wall:eek: 1" square tubing and solid:eek::eek: 1" OD round for the grip area(sourced from old bar bell). No vibration dampers needed here. I plan on capping the ends of the riser, maybe gusseting the bottom joints, and then cleaning it all up and painting it.

Won't let me post any more pics, here's the links:
Side View
My View

1 - 10 of 10 Posts