Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get information about going from the standard single exhaust to having a can on each side like the newer speed triples? Thanks in advance.

...Brad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really it's aesthetics, I'm not the kind of rider that will ever push performance on these bikes. ;-)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Don't forget you're doubling the weight back there. I'm a minimalist. I got a carbon fiber stubby from Trident and used a high-mount intermediate pipe which keeps the single sided swingarm completely visible, as well as the space between the undertail and the hugger open and visible. I'm all about aesthetics, too, and I love the way it keeps the unique single sided swingarm features totally visible.
You can check out my album if you're curious as to how it looks.
Not to mention, it has done some good things for exhaust tone and performance.
Everybody is different. Good luck in your search. Sorry, I don't have any leads for a dual. Check the websites of all the major players (check out the 1050 exhaust sticky at the start of the forum for some company names -- likely they have stuff for the 955, too)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm... I can't find your album. I searched for 03Speed3 and didn't get any hits. Could it be under another name? I'd love to see what the pipe on your bike looks like.

·
Registered
453 Posts

When you go to member albums, sort them alphabetically and you will find 03speed3 on the first page. If you find my album, you can see what my bike looked like with my MHP can -- great can, just really big. It got whacked by a cagers door so I bought the Trident. I'm really glad the MHP got whacked!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I found the album. I really like the look of that stubby exhaust. Did you just order the parts and do the work yourself? Everything on my bike is stock and the can is really big. I was thinking that the dual exhaust was a stronger street fighter look, but after seeing that stubby can on yours, I can appreciate the minimalist approach. How much did it cost for that trident pipe? Thanks again.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Trident pipe was in the $400 (USD) ballpark. Comes from England so the exchange rate plays a role!
I had the intermediate pipe, it came with the MHP pipe that was on the bike when I bought it a couple years ago. Just about any decent machine shop could make you one if you gave them this pic, the can and your bike so they could get dimensions.
Trident also makes a high-mount stubby now, so I hear, and that may accomplish exactly what I did with a single purchase.

"Wolf", a member of this forum, represents Trident and will be able to answer your questions along this line. He's very very knowledgeable and a good guy. Send him a PM and he'll help you out.
Best of luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts