Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for this type of single seat which appears to have a "trunk" compartment built in. I can't seem to find it anywhere online but I have seen a few people here with it

here is a pic I found:

where can I buy this? (btw the guy with this bike posts here and I found a post where he said that he found it on ebay, but that doesn't realy help me because I can't find anything like it on ebay, however I don't know if there is a specific name for this thing)

Attachments

·
30,527 Posts
Yeah, I decided to let you find that bit out for yourself! :D

At least you know what to search for on ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I decided to let you find that bit out for yourself! :D

At least you know what to search for on ebay.

My bonneville is undoubtedly going to be a money pit, but I don't think I can justify 800 bucks for a seat. this one will have to be a "no" (one of the few).

Their normal "gunfighter" seat is less than 400 bucks but I guess cutting a hole and putting a door on the back ain't as cheap as it used to be. ;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yeah, I decided to let you find that bit out for yourself!
:laughhard:
priceless

Just in case your cash rich, here is a tip.
If you order it now you might get it by the end of the year.
Don't expect it to be the correct color though.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:laughhard:
priceless

Just in case your cash rich, here is a tip.
If you order it now you might get it by the end of the year.
Don't expect it to be the correct color though.

I'll just carry a backpack, thanks :)

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Their normal "gunfighter" seat is less than 400 bucks but I guess cutting a hole and putting a door on the back ain't as cheap as it used to be. ;)
Their normal gunfighter is all upholstery. The smuggler has a fiberglass trunk. A tank bag strapped to the seat behind you will hold just as much for less than a 10th of the Corbins.

·
Registered
306 Posts
other options

I went all out and spent $5.00 for the Deluxe Cargo Net. It will hold more than you would think. That and a little waist pack that I put under the cargo net for the paperwork and other small items and I am good to go.

Pops

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
here ya go, all the storage you could ever need and for much less $$$
They make your arse look big

I went all out and spent $5.00 for the Deluxe Cargo Net.
Oh man, I was swindled. I paid 7.50 for mine. :(
I did get the purple milk crate for free though so I guess I came out ok in the end. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts