Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a small single saddlebag (just big enough for a few personal items, glasses, etc) that could be adapted to fit onto the side of an RIII ?

I don't want to buy a full set o fbags, but was looking for a smaller single bag, that could be attached to the left hand side of the bike (i.e. the side with the single silencer).

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
876 Posts
This doesn't mount to the side like you want, but it s definitely a good alternative.
http://www.bikersfriend.com/

The easiest thing to do would be to buy a set of EZ brackets and find a pair of used saddlebags and only use one?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dougl,

I'd have to agree with you if there was significant weight involved, but I'm only looking to carry glasses, mobile, maybe a fold-up set of lightweight waterproofs.

As regards bike symmetry, I don’t think this weight imbalance is too much to worry about. After all how many bikes are out there today with a single silencer fitted to one side of the bike that must weigh–in at between 10Kg – 15Kg; there’s no counter-balance dummy weight on the other side?

Thanks for the link.

Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Asymmetry doesn't just pertain to weight. You need to consider the lop-sided wind resistance that will result.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Tanks bags are great and can hold a lot of stuff, however, the magnetic flaps that hold it on the tank can collect metal particles and scratch up your tank, no need to ask me how I know.....:( On the other hand, its a good excuse to get a custom paint job.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If you have the sissy bar/luggage rack, that small Kuryakyn bag would work great and would be inobtrusive.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I gotta go with odie.
A tool bag would LOOK a lot better than 1 saddle bag.
I don't think I'd be as worried about the weight differential, as I would about how silly one bag would look.
Everybody would continuely ask you "somebody steal your other one".
just my 2 cents worth.
skip

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree, a tool bag is the answer, it's small emough not to be a problem mounting and is just the right size for what I need to stash - thanks for that guys, never crossed my mind that a tool bag would do!

Cheers
Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts