Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So I'm in the process of converting my 2018 speed triple rs to a single round led headlight and today I came across a bit of an issue.

The headlight unit has intergrated indicators and when I temporary connected the fitting to the bike the indicators seemed to flash for a split second but only maybe once every few seconds, the flash was way faster than usual but the gap between flashes was way longer. I suspect that the unit may have a built in relay as well??? I connected the cable for the indicators to the DLR led (constant feed) and they came on and flashed as normal.

If I'm right that the headlight unit has a relay would it be possible to bypass the bikes flasher relay just for the front indicators but keep it for the rear? I guess then I'd also have to install load resistors for the front to stop fast flashing on the rear led indicators and dash errors?

Is this even possible or does anyone have any better ideas? If not then I'll most probably just do without them :(

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured out what was wrong and it was slightly less complicated than I initially thought.

Silly me...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts