Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone converted there S3 to a Single Headlight? Where did you get it? I have only seen a conversion kit on NewSpeed3.com.

Most importantly, Do you have any pics?

thx -Matt

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks CB, i was looking for the headon pic.

I like it. I think I am gonna get one this spring in chrome.

[ This message was edited by: KarmaPunk1 on 2006-12-10 12:54 ]

·
Registered
885 Posts
A single headlight totally kills the hooligan look of the Speed Triple and it's the one thing that really makes it stand out in a crowd. Without it it's as if you ripped off its brand mark. Example: take a Coca-Cola and rip off its label, what do you have..? A cola..

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
If you want a single headlight can I suggest that you buy a Suzuki Bandit. The double headlighted S3 has become its trademark!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Are we forgetting the roots of the S3?

Do what you want man, be opinionated it's a free country! I really like both. With clip-ons I like the single, and with regular bars I like the double. I guess I'm just weird. Have you seen the LSL Cafed S3? If I was going to buy a 05+ S3 it would look alot like that. I first saw this bike in a German Streetfighter mag that I bought In Germany this summer when I was at the MotoGP at Sachsenring. Check it out here.

http://www.motorradonline.de/d/214309

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Aggghhhh Meanchuck- you beat me to it! I was gonna post a pic of mine and state the same thing, "have you forgotten your roots?" :hammer:

For instance, take a look at this picture I took today. Can you just picture that with two headlights? It obviously wouldn't make for as nice of a picture. :-D

But anyway- I can't decide which I like better on your newer S3's.

B

·
0 Posts
I really like the look of the single headlight!

Meanchuck, I love your Speed Triple. I wish I was in the position to purchase it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
On 2006-12-10 19:00, 24gt wrote:
I say to each his own. I dont like the look of the brackets holding the head lights out so far so im getting the fork brackets from wild hair same concept as the single unit but still keeping twin lights.

http://www.whaccessories.com/GSGHeadlightBracket1050.jpg
Did you order/install this bracket? I tried to mount my Woodcraft clip ons last night and ran into clearance issues with the levers hitting the light buckets. I don't like how the lights stay fixed either, so it looks like I can kill two birds with one stone. I was going to fabricate something but the cost is right for this mod that I don't need to find the local machine shop.

·
Registered
219 Posts
On 2007-01-04 07:56, dr_gallup wrote:
I like my Speedies like my women; with 2 big headlights. :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:
Seeing that I try to hijack every thread I go on and turn it towards a discussion about strippers.... +1 on what you said.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts