Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 Thunderbird has the standard silencers fitted, they are whisper quiet and I would like to try and get a louder exhaust note without buying the off road silencers, is there any way of modifying the standard set to achieve a better sound?
Cheers,
Rick.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silencer Modification

Thanks for the diagram and explainaton re mods on the mufflers, one question, have the standard Thunderbird pea shooter mufflers the same baffle setup as indicated on the Thunderbird Sport diagram?
Thanks for your advice. Rick.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Here's another type of drill bit that will work, and it gives you an easy way to do it a little at a time if that concerns you. These are available ar Harbor Freight. If it's a one time thing that might be worth considering. But those step bits are real handy to have around.

Click

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I just drilled out the baffles on my Adventurer and they do sound awesome!
All I drilled was the primary baffle and didn't open up the cones.
The sound is so right now I'm going to leave well enough alone.
As a side note, I was pulling into a department store when a fella approached me and asked if it was indeed an adventurer.
He then told me had six Triumphs one of which is an Adventurer.
He also told me had two spare exhaust systems when I showed him the big dent I had on my right side silencer from some big hunk of metal hitting me on the freeway (that's another story).
I stop by this fellas house which is in my neighborhood and it was like going to Triumph heaven.
His Adventurer has a 1050CC Daytona engine, Super-Trapp exhaust just to name a few of the mods to this bike.
He offered to let me take it for a spin but I declined since I'd have to get back on mine after riding that beast.
He did tell that it dyno'ed at 125 RWHP.
So now the silencers: He has a used set and a brand new set.
I offer him $100.00 for the used set and he say's "na take the new set".
How cool is that!? $700.00 worth of silencers for $100.00!!
I must be doing something right!!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
So now the silencers: He has a used set and a brand new set.
I offer him $100.00 for the used set and he say's "na take the new set".
How cool is that!? $700.00 worth of silencers for $100.00!!
I must be doing something right!!
You got a smokin deal to say the least. Congratulations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts