Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Been having a problem with my winkers/turn signals. The local dealer install a signal minder about 2 years ago. No problems until I switched my bars. I probably change out the bars 2-3 times a year. Now my signal minder doesn't seem to be working properly. I switch to the right turn sig.and all is fine. Then activate the left turn sig. and must hold the switch to the left for the sig.to work . As soon as I take my thumb off the switch, the winker shuts off. Is the switch is bad?
Has anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The "signal minder" that I am familiar with replaces your blinker solenoid. It can only stop the signal light from flashing after a set number of flashes. The switch on the handlebar is a manual switch and it must be reset manually by pushing the reset button before you can signal for your next turn. I have read of some modifying the handlebar switch, but I doubt your dealer did that modification.

From your description of the problem, I would say the problem has to be with the handlebar switch because the signal minder I am familiar with doesn't know or care which way the handle bar switch is moved to signal a left or right turn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts