Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking the local classifieds and craigslist and was surprised to find quite a few Harleys at LOW prices. Best buy I saw was an 88 dresser for $6500.00. Guess the fad has passed, or the economy is worse than I thought.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I just mentioned this the other day on another thread. Used Harley prices are beginning to go through the floor. Can not mean good things for the economy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
a lot of it hast to do with the finacing, same as the housing bubble. people went out and brought 25k bikes while finacing a house way out of their range and now its come back to bite them.

I think the values of the bikes will climb back up eventually based on the quality but will never be back to what they were

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
I suppose it would be premature to start a pool on when Harley will go to congress asking for money... :D

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I suppose it would be premature to start a pool on when Harley will go to congress asking for money... :D

Depends on what you mean by pool. Are you think of the existing pool under the HD or a bet on when the bike will void itself or are you referring to the day when the mighty HD will require copious amounts of tax payer manna just to refab its chrome shop? :D

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I just mentioned this the other day on another thread. Used Harley prices are beginning to go through the floor. Can not mean good things for the economy.
I say we unify our resources and buy up these used HDs to chop them for spare parts...we can make a fortune on HD's need for parts. :D

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I guess the economy of Washington state is still very health because there aren't any signs of HD prices coming down. The new '09's are moving well and people have placed there orders and are waiting for their Screaming Eagle versions at $30,000 plus. Also the new trikes are sold before they make it through shop's door.
You must go take a look at some of those cheap deals and tell me if you'd buy them even at those low prices you've mentioned. I'll venture a guess they are real crap or stolen.
JMHO:cool:

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Seems to me someone is either in denial or does not peruse the used motorcycle section of the paper on a regular basis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts