Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LOT of trouble moving my sidestand when I'm sitting on the bike.
I need to move forward until my nuts are on the tank to be able to put it up. Are there any solutions ?
I'm 5'7" with a 27" inseam.

JJ

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No solutions that I can find. No internet support for the T Bird. NOT a popular model. Didn't sell well. No aftermarket. Full price for everything.

JJ

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am 5'10" and it is still a bit awkward, primarily because of the foot boards. Perhaps you need "platform riding boots" to give you the extra reach??

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChrisonTop,I'm just scootching my nuts up on the tank. It stinks but I have no choice. 27" inseam.

JJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to stretch out a little to get to the side stand as well. No other option I’m aware of. 29” inside leg.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I welded a small tab of 3mm thick x 20mm wide x 50mm long, steel strap, onto the top of the jiffy stand so I can hook the tread of my riding boot into it to retract the stand. Painted it black, you can hardly notice it. I am 165cm (5ft 6in) so it was the same for me, stupid design by Triumph!
Works good!

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's a great fix! Not having a welder (or any welding expertise), I need to figure out how to accomplish something similar with a bolt-on or clamp-on attachment. Any suggestions out there? In the meantime, I'll just keep stretching my 73 year old legs!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts