Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I admit I'm an electrical IDIOT. It is all WITCH-CRAFT too me!!! I've read what I could find on bypassing the Side Stand Switch. However, I'm wanting to remove as much wiring as I can (and still have the bike function).

Here is what I have......

Side Stand Switch wiring harness connection (switch has three wires (Right side), Harness has two wires (Left side)

Black wire from the harness connection runs into a Ground Bundle

Black/Red wire from the harness connection runs to mate up with the Clutch Switch Wire (blue wraped)

Main Circuit Diagram. Side Stand Switch is #10, Clutch Switch is #33.

My question is can I just cut out the Side Stand Switch (at the ground and clutch switch junctions) RED lines in Diagram

Or do I need to splice the those two together (Black (ground) and Black/Red). Green line in diagram

I hate electronics so I need help so I don't screw this up and have issues when the bike is finally being put back together.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Gunny you should have no problems putting a bridge in, (your green/yellow line in the diagram) it's just a switch on the side stand.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
The way to remove the most wire is to ground both the #9 ignitor connector and the pink/black wire leading from the starter relay to the closest ground wire:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/109948-thruxton-wiring-diet.html#post1268486

This takes the sidestand and clutch switches entirely out of the picture and both switches/associated wiring can be cut out of the harness. I removed pretty much all I could w/o losing the turn signals...a bit under 2 lbs. of unnecessary wire.
Good luck,

--Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts