Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I installed my GPS today and managed to fish a wire through without removing the cover but I really would have liked to take off the cover.

It looked like it should just snap out but I gave it a lot of effort and it didn't.

So I stopped before I broke it.

Anyway...........anybody know how to remove it?

TIA

·
Registered
137 Posts
:confused: I lifted the tank to take a peek on the backside, it looks like a bit of effort would be needed to bend the piece enough to clear the frame, haven't tried it myself though :eek:

·
Registered
904 Posts
You really should consider some type of bulkhead fitting, or at least a rubber grommet where the wire passes through. A fitting to plug accesories into would be the smart move. :)

Neanderthal

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You really should consider some type of bulkhead fitting, or at least a rubber grommet where the wire passes through. A fitting to plug accesories into would be the smart move. :)

Neanderthal
The wire for the gps comes out the notch with all the other cables. It's just a skinny speaker wire that ends in an sae connector. It's on a 2 amp fuse.

I also have a heavier wire that I can feed out in front of the seat, just below the tank, that ends in another sae connector.

That's on a 10 amp for my heated jacket or my air compressor or trickle charging the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts