Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

Bought my '96 T-bird running poorly and with all the side covers and chrome in a box. Got it running and want to put it all back together to take a victory lap but am running into a puzzling issue. I can't get the right-side cover on. It's not even close. It's the panel that covers the fuse box and battery. The grommets at the top line up but the bottom is 2-3" away from the bolt hole because the box to the right (ECU) is in the way. I've found a pic of someone else's bike without the cover and everything looks like it's in the right place. I've got to be doing something stupid, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It can be a bit fiddly to get lined up, hard to tell what the issue is from your photos.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello. It looks like the ECU unit has moved down in the rubber mount. That happens to me too. Simply shift it to the top. Also check that the fuse holder is correctly inserted in the slots on the front of the battery holder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello. It looks like the ECU unit has moved down in the rubber mount. That happens to me too. Simply shift it to the top. Also check that the fuse holder is correctly inserted in the slots on the front of the battery holder.
that was it, thank you! It looked like it was more locked in place than it is. I was able to shove it up and back enough to make it work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sweet bike!! How do you like those handle bars? I got a tote of goodies when I bought mine and those same style bars are in the tote. I'm assuming stock?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts