Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get replacement side cover badges for my Legend? They are the "LEGEND" stick on badge

I tried to remove them "carefully" but still managed to damage them :eek:

Didn't find anything on fleabay thought I'd ask the experts here

·
Registered
652 Posts
I bought some for my Thunderbird Sport which were still available fromTriumph. £27.00 each though!

Kept looking for some on Ebay but they never came up.

·
Registered
980 Posts
For future reference you can remove them with a hot air paint stripping gun. Heat from the inside of the side panel and they peel off easily and well before you damage the paint from the heat. Leave the double sided sticky sponge in place so that you can refix them with standard double sided tape.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stick some silver reflector tape in that area. I'm thinking of covering my "Adventurer" badge this way (never did care for that name).

·
Registered
796 Posts
The "Thunderbird" on Ms B's '95 side covers bolt on. Will have to take a cover off my '98 to check that year. :confused:

The badge I want to remove or cover is the "900" in the center of the chrome airbox covers. It must be stuck on like the "Legend". Tvr's heat gun will probably do it. Great idea.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No luck with the local dealer :(

Might try the silver tape idea

Of course all this happened as my buddy and I painted the bike

I went with white and silver cause there arent too many of our bikes that i've seen in white. But after putting it on I am not sold on it.

Here are a couple of pic's

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
That's a good idea gbc. I've got some chrome side-panels for my TBS which I will put on now again and those will look good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts