Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used the Triumph side soft bags for the Speed3/Daytona? If so, what are you thoughts?

Yes, this is an actual serious topic, which is completely unconventional for my normal rambling sarcastic remarks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, but I've got the Ventura system for my S3. Worth a look.

J

·
0 Posts
Question: The S3 exhaust is so high that I worry about running saddlebags for fear of melting/burning them on the cans. I know there are heat shields on the stock cans but were I to get a ... Chainreaction pipe ... for instance would I have a problem?

I know I could run a low pipe like the M4 or the Zard but I don't like the look of either.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could look into a tail section bag instead of saddle bags.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2006-11-22 11:14, JonnyGoGo wrote:
Question: The S3 exhaust is so high that I worry about running saddlebags for fear of melting/burning them on the cans. I know there are heat shields on the stock cans but were I to get a ... Chainreaction pipe ... for instance would I have a problem?

I know I could run a low pipe like the M4 or the Zard but I don't like the look of either.

Thoughts?
Chainreaction pipes run very cool, I can put my hand on them after riding and the are tucked in a lot further than stock. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Euro has an '02. Plenty of sport-type bags available for that. I'd probably go with aftermarket on accounta the Triumph stuff is so expensive. Tourmaster, Chase Harper and Nelson-Rigg all make some nice kit and it usually works together with a tailbag.

Unless you're running the Zard/Arrow/M4 shorty kinda pipe on the '05+, it's a risky proposition, and even then I'd want some sort of bracket to keep the thing from rolling under and contacting the rear wheel.

Somebody on here (maybe one o' the crazy Aussies?) cobbled up a real Rube Goldberg sorta frame gizmo that uses the footpeg mounts as a basis for mounting bags so they don't touch the pipes, but they stick out pretty wide.

SW Motech makes a rear rack and the Ventura looks interesting if a bit awkward.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Euro,

I have the triumph panniers on my '03. They are great. Functionally sound, they even include rain covers, and they also look about as good as you can with side bags on a sport bike. A very nice feature is that they come with protective plastic (with soft inserts) covers for your tail section so the bags are never in contact with the paint on the tail section.

2 thumbs up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts