Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a video on you tube with some headlights for a Daytona from this company called Sick HID's. Has anyone done business with these guys and if so, what are your thoughts on their products.

·
Premium Member
8,853 Posts
He has done 6 pairs of 2011+ lights , each took over a year to complete .

I have one set .

He will not do any more of the 2011 + style . He is however retrofitting the roundies .
The HID with projector is said to be a massive lighting improvement .
My lights with projectors are 100x better than the stock roundies were .

·
Registered
882 Posts
I also have a set. They are so much brighter. My last lights were the roundies and I had hid bulbs in them but the light pattern was scattered all over. That was brighter than stock so I was happy and didn't mind the scattered pattern.

Now with the sick HID 2011 lights on the bike they have hid projectors and are brighter. The beam pattern is very full and has a very defined cut off that is easily adjusted so as not to be blinding to most cars coming towards you say on one lane roads or behind at a stoplight. If that makes sense! I will post up some pictures of the light pattern unless DG beats me to it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you clarify if the HID reflector is something they put in or if it's just a function of the 2011? I had an HID kit on my R1150GS, which had reflectors with a natural cutoff (worked great for HID). I wouldn't want to be blinding everyone tho, so I curious how the stock reflectors are for that.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's a projector. The HID bulbs, housing, projector lens etc. no reflectors used. It's the "proper" HID retro fit. Not just putting bulbs in a reflector. When u get your light housing it will be plug in n ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts