Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1161 - 1180 of 1185 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

My 04 Daytona 600 doing a crap impression of a Speed4.
I bought the bike after it had been put down knowing I was going to keep it naked and ridable. I replaced all the important cracked bits and added some bright turns and some bar end mirrors with the body-work natural locations missing. I still need a new tail fairing but that has been incredibly hard to come by.
Located in Minneapolis MN USA.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice bike, combining the looks of the "new edge" Daytona and the Speed4. I once had a TT600, from the wrecker and rebuilt by me. Is the Daytona 600 still a great frame with good suspension and brakes, but a torque-hole as an engine? My 2001 had a torque-valley between 8-10.000 rpm ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My experience with these bikes is pretty limited but from what I have read they share almost everything with the TT600 physically but what a remade fuel curve to smooth out those dips in TQ. Ive only got about 100 miles on it this season (still regular snow in MN until May) and besides a little rocky right off idle when cold I have found it to be very smooth and pull incredibly hard from 5k on up. This bike does have a PowerComander installed so that may be playing some roll as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Never a PowerCommander on that bike from my side. I guess it (and as I heard a different cam from later model years as well) would have made quite a difference. But with my current steed (2002 955i Daytona) torque is there in abundance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
By now you get the seatcowl´s weight in gold - the flat ones are very sought after! I changed my Tona to the entire rear section of a S3 2005 as the flat cowls were unobtainium or seriously ridiculously priced.

·
Registered
Speed Triple 1050R 2013. Daytona 955i 06.
25 Posts
By now you get the seatcowl´s weight in gold - the flat ones are very sought after! I changed my Tona to the entire rear section of a S3 2005 as the flat cowls were unobtainium or seriously ridiculously priced.
Pictures of your Triple?

1161 - 1180 of 1185 Posts