Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

541 - 560 of 1185 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Christ alive Brad, :eek: that front tyre is looking like there is some dust on it, sort yourself out mate !!!!!! Ha !!!!! :laughhard
Just ribbing mate, looking sweet, and yours Hangover....the red allways looks good !!

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Christ alive Brad, :eek: that front tyre is looking like there is some dust on it, sort yourself out mate !!!!!! Ha !!!!! :laughhard
Just ribbing mate, looking sweet, and yours Hangover....the red allways looks good !!
Yeah, two of 'my' cats live in the garage and I leave one of the doors open just a little for them to come and go, which allows dust and leaves to blow in.

Brad

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Yeah i saw the pics of that factory fresh looking 595, mines not that clean but for a 14yo bike i think it still looks pretty purposeful .
Mine was pretty filthy (and scattered about the garage 'tll the fueling issue was fixed) and was cleaned up while awaiting the new sprockets, chain and tires (still waiting on a couple of belly pan parts, which I lost).

Brad

PS I leave out the rearmost RHS Dzus fastener as I'm uncomfortable with it so close to the magnesium case cover.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Took her out for a spin today. First ride after the winter! On my way back though.. it started to snow.. not so high-and-mighty then :(

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mine was pretty filthy (and scattered about the garage 'tll the fueling issue was fixed) and was cleaned up while awaiting the new sprockets, chain and tires (still waiting on a couple of belly pan parts, which I lost).

Brad

PS I leave out the rearmost RHS Dzus fastener as I'm uncomfortable with it so close to the magnesium case cover.
Since you mentioned the fasteners, a couple of mine look a tad rusty and i need to find replacements. I know hot rodders use them but are they the same or Trumpy specific ?
Yet to find a good, reliable (cheap ) online supplier for parts for all these little bits and bobs i need to bring the 595 back to glory days.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Since you mentioned the fasteners, a couple of mine look a tad rusty and i need to find replacements. I know hot rodders use them but are they the same or Trumpy specific ?
Yet to find a good, reliable (cheap ) online supplier for parts for all these little bits and bobs i need to bring the 595 back to glory days.
My '98 needed some Dzus fasteners as well and I just bought what I needed from Triumph rather than have to replace all of the fasteners for a clean match. Oxalic acid or a product like CLR will remove rust, elbow grease will polish some, but I save the worst looking Dzus fasteners for the belly pan.

Brad

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sold my 1998 black t595 some 13 years ago, and I deeple regret it. So in spite of being the proud owner of a Buell 1125R, I finally decided to buy a red t595. The bike looks gorgeous, but unfortunately the engine is in pretty bad shape in spite of apparently low mileage (38.000 km = 23.750 miles).

The first picture was taken by the previous owner, the second was taken by me. There will be more once the bike is back in shape. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1999 Daytona 955i
25 Posts
Just adding my ride to the mess! :)

There are some great looking bike in here. Mine is not as good looking (has some dings). But I still wouldn't trade it for the world!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The t595 (in Europe and Great Britain) was sold in the U.S.A. at some point with 955i stickers? I've heard about possible marketing problems with this particular model due to people believing it was a 600 cc. engine because of the t595 name.

Feel free to move/erase this post if it's in the incorrect thread. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cruewell, your are right, but exactly when this occured or at which VIN is maybe not clear, but I agree upon reflection calling it T595 was not one of Triumphs greatest ideas, but hey ho, its British and we are the worlds greatest acting, before really thinking things through.....need I say more. :Darn

·
Registered
75 Posts
at Long Last after selling my 95 black on black DAYTONA 900 to my good friend he rebuilds motor,starter sprag and shoots it in a tasteful kandy kalifornia kustom paint and wheel detailing that I find quite stunning. Mike, you outdid yourself!

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
TR, Very attractive. When I have the wheels redone on my '98 I have thought about having the lips polished.

Brad

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
The t595 (in Europe and Great Britain) was sold in the U.S.A. at some point with 955i stickers? I've heard about possible marketing problems with this particular model due to people believing it was a 600 cc. engine because of the t595 name.

Feel free to move/erase this post if it's in the incorrect thread. :)
For the '99MY the T595 decal was dropped and the 955 decal added world wide. Rumor has it because it did confuse people (buyers) as to engine size.

Brad

541 - 560 of 1185 Posts