Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incredibly, there's hardly any T100 picture thread. So this is your chance....show her off and list your mods :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Incredibly, there's hardly any T100 picture thread. So this is your chance....show her off and list your mods :)

Here’s my brand new 2017 T100 black. I test rode both this and the T120, and could’ve gotten either, but I actually preferred the T100. I have a 1200cc touring bike (Yamaha Super Ténéré). And can’t imagine why—other than for long highway slab riding—you’d want or need the extra power. The T100 is super torquey and quick. MORE than adequately fast, IMHO. This one came with the comfort seat, touring fairing, engine dresser bars, rear rack and backrest. I added the Triumph heated grips. So far, a couple of rides and just 60 miles on her. The one thing I might address is adding a screen extender/deflector on top of the windscreen to get the buffeting off my helmet. Otherwise, damn near perfect!

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I didn’t mount them but they connect to the frame. I also don’t know how durable/protective they are. Hope not to find out!
Sadly, I can tell you that they offer very good tip over protection for the tank. Your mirrors, bar ends, levers, shifter or brake pedal are still exposed. A drop at any speed at all will bend the bars back. I'm glad I got them but I know they are not crash bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
2017 model
Getting ready to switch out the handlebar with a chrome LSL Flat Tracker and possibly the 7/8” risers from JBQ (just got them in the mail). Since this picture I’ve done a seat mod, reflector delete and added the football grips.

Shot in front of the Queen Mary and the old Spruce Goose Hangar, Long Beach,CA.
IMG_1333.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
I like the addition of the chrome bars, LA Liquid.

One of my favourite customs is California Dreamin by FCR Original of France. If I lived in a hot, beach climate, I think I would definitely go for a beach cruiser style like yours.

I’m hoping to document the handlebar update.
That’s a great look and color for that bike! I’m a big fan of turquoise.
And yes, we are fortunate to have 300+ rainless days to ride in SoCal each year!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry for the thread hijack, but I wanted to show LA Liquid another fave custom of mine, that influences my thoughts of building a beach cruiser T100 based on your intense orange or an aegean blue.

I love the custom handle bar and tank on this modified Yamaha XV750 "Riviera" from MATTEUCCI GARAGE:

"Inspired by a 1970s Tullio Abbate motorboat....A French Walnut strip runs from the headstock, up and over the tank and under the seat, bolstering the seafaring influences."

http://thebikeshed.cc/matteucci-garage-xv750-riviera/

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hi Simon,

What shocks do you have on the rear and did you modify the front shocks?

Hi, they’re Öhlins TR634s. When I got the T100 I thought the forks felt pretty good but the rear was short on damping. I was prepared for the better rear units to show up any shortcomings in the stock forks, but they’ve been fine.

Every time I see photos of your bike I kick myself for not going for that colour :| which was the one I wanted but the dealer only had the blue available.. Oh well, there’s always next time! :grin2:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi, they’re Öhlins TR634s. When I got the T100 I thought the forks felt pretty good but the rear was short on damping. I was prepared for the better rear units to show up any shortcomings in the stock forks, but they’ve been fine.

Every time I see photos of your bike I kick myself for not going for that colour :| which was the one I wanted but the dealer only had the blue available.. Oh well, there’s always next time! :grin2:

I like the minimal vintage look of that shock. As far as your tank...take some nice detailed pictures and post it as a “Buy It Now or Best Offer” and put “Local Pickup Only”. If it sells in a day or a year you can take the money and buy a new tank kit in your favorite color. The difference in what you sell for and what you pay is probably not more than $400 US and you get a sparkling new tank, badges, and side rubber. The other thing that’s great about the “Buy It Now” feature is that it auto renews each month. I once sold a NOS Muffler for a 1977 CB750F that took over a year to sell..but I was in no hurry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got the Blue as well - had both choices but didn't like the off white color (new England White)- loved the intense orange though.
Mods so far:
1. Triumph bar end mirrors (favorite)
2. Chrome ACG Badge
3. Centre stand and grab rail (ridiculous price in Thailand – received yesterday)
4. 4 bar tank badges (er…..equal favorite – also received yesterday)
Still waiting for comfort seat (over 3 months now). Looking at exhaust options – likely BC predators. I see that Zard have brought out a 2 into one (with a 'mirror polishing'option), that I would have likely bought if I had not just fitted the center stand - considered almost a necessity).

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looking good, JackBlack. Love the 4 bar tank badge - gotta get one myself. I like the look of the chrome pea-shooters on the Aegean blue. OTOH, the sound of aftermarket exhausts can be quite intoxicating. Are there a chrome fenders for your bike? I think that would be bangin with that colour and style.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking good, JackBlack. Love the 4 bar tank badge - gotta get one myself. I like the look of the chrome pea-shooters on the Aegean blue. OTOH, the sound of aftermarket exhausts can be quite intoxicating. Are there a chrome fenders for your bike? I think that would be bangin with that colour and style.
Thanks Conscious - TBH looking at a shorty front mudguard (likely a Motone) but now you mention it - I'll check out chrome and brushed options. I also like the peashooters and may even go with an X pipe and the VH exhausts. Dealer also looking at the VH for the Thruxton and what mods it would take to fit those. Love the bike,so goodonya Triumph.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks Conscious - TBH looking at a shorty front mudguard (likely a Motone) but now you mention it - I'll check out chrome and brushed options. I also like the peashooters and may even go with an X pipe and the VH exhausts. Dealer also looking at the VH for the Thruxton and what mods it would take to fit those. Love the bike,so goodonya Triumph.

Check out:

http://motone.com/triumph-parts/

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/home/341-classic-short-front-mudguard-triumph-bonneville-scrambler-t120-street-twin.html

1 - 20 of 34 Posts