Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A polite request
Let's try and keep posts focussed on helmets and not stray into comments about helmet law, hating wearing one etc. Thanks???

What helmet do you currently own?
Do you own more than one? Let's see them all

I currently have this beautiful open face helmet made by MT Helmets. Very comfy, very little wind noise and always draws compliments from people.

Visor up

20200402_141246.jpg

Visor down
20200402_141235.jpg

·
3,078 Posts
I am kind of proud of this one. I asked my daughter to make a Union Jack design on a 3/4 helmet that I picked up. I told her to make it however she wanted. I wear it very rarely

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooooo, that's nice!

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
The first two helmets on this thread are fantastic! My old, silver-grey Shoei RF is not in this league. But it does match my hair color! Will post a picture next time I wander into the garage...

·
Registered
603 Posts
ooh! I like the visor.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
A polite request
Let's try and keep posts focussed on helmets and not stray into comments about helmet law, hating wearing one etc. Thanks???

Here's 13 pages to view

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't see that thread when I did a search before creating this one. My bad.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Have to say urbandread, that's a smat lid, but when I read the thread title I nearly spat my tea over my keyboard :D I was all set to say you need to buy me flowers and a curry first

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I ride with HJC. They fit and work well. Reasonable price plus if it rolls off and hits the deck while getting gas no big deal.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ride with HJC. They fit and work well. Reasonable price plus if it rolls off and hits the deck while getting gas no big deal.
You take it off when you're getting petrol? Is that a rule in the States?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
No not a rule. Under normal conditions i usually remove my helmet and glove while getting gas. Creature of habit i guess. Now days keep helmet on with face shield down. Remove gloves spray down gas nozzle with disinfect. Pump gas and put glove back on. Walk in pay for gas and then spray down change and gloves with disinfect. 61 years old and really want to be around next month for 62.:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I'm just getting petrol I never normally take my helmet off, as I'll only be a few mins. There is one petrol station I know of that you need to remove your helmet and pay first, but that's because they've had a number of attempted robberies or kids on scooters ride off without paying.

I forgot this guys don't have contactless payment over there yet.

Always interesting to hear how things are done differently in another country??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great Picture. New meaning to the phrase "bird brain".

Your avatar picture reminds me of my 1966 Honda 305 scrambler. Classic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts