Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

261 - 280 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Gasing up my 2020 RS in Dallas before heading out on my way to Oregon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Some more... rode through Monument Valley today.

Reactions: xpantz and Tucka

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'll continue with another. Not sure which be prettier, the bike of the background. :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll continue with another. Not sure which be prettier, the bike of the background. :p
Awesome pics! Keep'em coming! Two quick questions... Is that the Kriega 20 or 30 you have there? How have those Michelins been on your road trip?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Awesome pics! Keep'em coming! Two quick questions... Is that the Kriega 20 or 30 you have there? How have those Michelins been on your road trip?
It's the 30. I'm using the Kriega Street Triple Fit Kit to attach it to the passenger seat plus a couple Rok Straps as backups (and to hold the gas can in place). It's pretty stable and doesn't move around.

The Michelins are the Road 5s. They are doing good. As of tonight they've got about 4200 miles on them and I've got another 3700 miles left on this road trip. The rear has a little bit of a flat spot, but it's not bad. The bike is handling well for carrying 40-50 lbs (including the full gas can) on the tail. If wasn't carrying that weight, I wouldn't even notice the wear.

Here are what the tires look like:

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's the 30. I'm using the Kriega Street Triple Fit Kit to attach it to the passenger seat plus a couple Rok Straps as backups (and to hold the gas can in place). It's pretty stable and doesn't move around.

The Michelins are the Road 5s. They are doing good. As of tonight they've got about 4200 miles on them and I've got another 3700 miles left on this road trip. The rear has a little bit of a flat spot, but it's not bad. The bike is handling well for carrying 40-50 lbs (including the full gas can) on the tail. If wasn't carrying that weight, I wouldn't even notice the wear.
That's awesome! I will definitely be looking at those when I replace the stock tires. Keep the pictures coming!!! Great stuff!

·
Registered
477 Posts
That's awesome! I will definitely be looking at those when I replace the stock tires. Keep the pictures coming!!! Great stuff!
I think they're good for what I use the bike for... commuting, sometimes a ride with friends around boring Dallas roads, and trips like what I'm doing now. I'm not a very fast rider so I don't know how well they are on really spirited rides. I've got the stock tires in the garage for the occasional track day.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Finally made it to Astoria, Oregon and the half way point of my trip. Next year I hope to be here to start my bicycle trip to Virginia.

Here's a celebratory picture of sorts. :)

Reactions: sparechange

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finally made it to Astoria, Oregon and the half way point of my trip. Next year I hope to be here to start my bicycle trip to Virginia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s wild, how are the long hours on the RS?
I’m in Fort Worth, nice to see another black/yellow RS in the metroplex!
Also did you change the compression & rebound settings for the trip?
-Alex

·
Registered
477 Posts
That’s wild, how are the long hours on the RS?
I’m in Fort Worth, nice to see another black/yellow RS in the metroplex!
Also did you change the compression & rebound settings for the trip?
-Alex
I haven't. I'm still running the stock road settings. I've thought about trying the "soft" settings, but really, aside from a couple really rough roads, it's been fine and it's what I'm used to.

What I really wish the bike had was cruise control and I wish I had a tougher butt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't. I'm still running the stock road settings. I've thought about trying the "soft" settings, but really, aside from a couple really rough roads, it's been fine and it's what I'm used to.

What I really wish the bike had was cruise control and I wish I had a tougher butt.
Yeah cruise control would be a really nice thing to have.

I changed to the comfort settings that was listed in the owners manual, it’s really nice around town and on the bumpy city roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
... and I wish I had a tougher butt.
HAHAHAHA... I laughed so hard at this. Rings SO true. I'm wishing this after putting a couple hundred miles on mine today. I'm figuring the tolerance will build up and now your vanquishing my hope!! Eh... all good! I love it. I just have to take breaks a little more often. Kudos to you, sir!!! I aim to do a long trip like this on my RS at some point. Meanwhile, I'm living vicariously through you. Keep the pics coming!

261 - 280 of 299 Posts