Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all new in here , couls ass well start by posting a pic of my newly bougt 96 Trophy 900 , with only aroun 9000 miles on the clock.
Doen 120 miles on it only so hust getting used to it . Overall think bike runs great and is very satisfied with it so far and just loves the sound and pull of it.
I have bothe panniers but haveb't fitted them yet as i am just running short trips to get to know tha bike at the moment and have no needs to carry any luggage for those trips.

Claus

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
:geezer
Hi all new in here , couls ass well start by posting a pic of my newly bougt 96 Trophy 900 , with only aroun 9000 miles on the clock.
Doen 120 miles on it only so hust getting used to it . Overall think bike runs great and is very satisfied with it so far and just loves the sound and pull of it.
I have bothe panniers but haveb't fitted them yet as i am just running short trips to get to know tha bike at the moment and have no needs to carry any luggage for those trips.

Claus
I was thinking of the wrong bike Claus.I had early 3 cylinder T-birds in my head, when you said Trophy.:Dang.I must be getting to be a:geezer
Any Triumph is cool:clap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My "Trophy's" and me with the Grand Tetons as a back drop.

We had a great trip from Iowa to the Oregon coast in July. My '98 Trophy 900 ran like a top for the 2,200 miles.

My wife wasn't really interested in being my pillion for that distance. Not sure if it was the comfort, possible weather or lack of luggage space :surprise: that was her deciding factor, but she drove our car. Some days she followed me and others we would go our separate ways and arrange a meet point. I've never done a big bike trip before, but now I can't wait for the next one!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's my 1996 1200! I'm having a lot of fun with it - haven't had a bike in almost 4 years, and I'm glad to be back in the saddle!

There are some scratches on the side cases, from where it fell over on the previous owner. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Attachments

Reactions: Sean Patrick

·
Registered
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
290 Posts
Hey TubaSoldier

Great looking Trophy mate :smile2: looks to be in good condition for a '96. How many miles on her?

As for the scratches, I had a few on my panniers before I had them repainted. I tried everything but in the end I went to an auto body shop and they used some wet polishing application ( I didn't see what they did they told me ) but it removed 90% of the scratches, and it only cost me $20

So if you hve an auto body shop nearby I would recommend asking them to see how you go

PS welcome to the Trophy Riders!!

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

It's a relatively low mileage bike - I turned over 33K doing a day-ride to Gettysburg last week :) The guy I bought it from mostly rode 4 miles to and from work!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Interesting as your 900 has Trophy logo on side...I had to have some made for my 2000. Nice blue color though..Mine is BRG.

Reactions: Bob T

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is my 1999 1200. I bought it in 2013 from a second owner. The bike was originally sold in Reno Nevada. Top picture is how it looked when I got it. Had a few cracks and scratches in the plastic from falling down in a parking lot so I was told. It had a few issues with the way it ran but over all I paid 3gs and motored home with it. Needles to say, I fell in love with the torque and power but not so much the looks. I have done a lot of work to make it perform and look the way I want it. Now its a total win and gets great reviews everywhere I go. My wife enjoys the occasional trip to the coast and day rides. I like packing it up for a weekend camping trip. I get about 35MPG in town and 48-52MPG on the highway when I behave.

Features:
Bar Risers
Grip Puppies over Heated Grips
Power Outlet
Led Dash Lights
Nology Coils
Ed Johnson's Johnson Jolt Mod; +12vdc straight to coils
HBC brakes front/rear
Fork Guards
Progressive Suspension
Ctek Charger Port
Custom Windshield
Rim Reflectors
Front Turn Signals converted to Turn/Running Lights
Triumph Rear Rack; not pictured
Delvevic Carbon Fiber Exhaust
Corbin seat recovered with matching Tank Bra by M&M Creative Upholstery, Happy Valley Oregon
Coated with Monstaliner "Lady in Red"; tough as nails

·
Premium Member
36 Posts

Here's my 1996 Trophy 1200. It has 15k miles, Corbin seat, and Yoshimura pipes. I just put new Dunlop radials on it.

I actually had it sold but bought it back before the buyer came after it. It rides like new and looks pretty good, too. It seems to have been well cared for. I took it in trade on another bike that I had listed on eBay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's mine

Back in November last year, I decided that the dull winter months may go past more easily with something interesting to do. I acquired a 1996 900 Daytona, to rebuild as a winter project and after finishing her and riding it in the spring, I ended up falling back in love with the soulful Hinckley triples. As a side effect to this, my 2011 Super Tenere, as good a bike as it was, felt soulless and bland in comparison. I then did something very impulsive. I went and sold the Tenere and took a small amount of the cash to buy another Triumph triple. She's a 2001 900 MK2a, with 35k under her wheels and a full service history. She needed a damned good clean and few bits and pieces sorting out to get her looking like this but she now runs as sweet as a nut. After 44 years or riding motorcycles, I finally made it to "having more than one in the shed" status. Happy days! :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my "Roid"! The top box was a gift from Frank Boorn who is known for riding over a million miles on new Harley Davidsons. The top box was intended for his sons 2001 Trophy that never got installed before his untimely death in a car crash at an early age. GRIP! I don't have the desire to paint it to match my bike even though it appears to be a large "Roid" on the back of my bike. I consider it more of a safety beacon in the hopes that he is watching down on me from above and keeping me safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's is my new to me 1999 Trophy 1200. I picked it up in April for a great price. Has 45k miles on it, but still seems to run like a top. Needs very little, just a set of tires, fork seals changed, and should probably check the shims. I don't think the previous owner (this is a single owner bike) "neglected" it, but I don't think he was as diligent on maint as he should have been. I'm excited to meet other Trophy owners and get to know these bikes a bit more so I can get the most out of it as possible!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice bike. Do you know what brand of windshield it has on it? It looks a lot taller than my stock one. I'm looking to buy a new one and would be interested in how you like yours. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice bike. Do you know what brand of windshield it has on it? It looks a lot taller than my stock one. I'm looking to buy a new one and would be interested in how you like yours. Thanks.
I'm on a business trip through the end of the week, so I'll have to investigate when I get home. I'm pretty sure it is Triumph branded. Not sure if it's bigger than stock, or it's just the camera angle. Here's a different photo. Still kind of a weird angle lol.

Have you looked at the FAQs or the Wiki? There are suggestions for replacement screens that look pretty appealing.

Attachments

201 - 220 of 253 Posts