Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel guilty seeing all those clean bikes right down to the chains. Anybody else like me? Wash the bike every 6 mos whether it needs it or not!

·
Registered
633 Posts
[email protected], I just washed the bike, so I have no pics to post. I've barely photographed my bike clean though, let alone dirty.

I really do not enjoy cleaning the motorcycle much. I usually ride the 25 miles to work if it's above freezing and there's a decent chance that I'll stay (reasonably) dry. It doesn't always work out though, so the bike is usually dirty. I'll clean her up after a few trips in the rain, and I have taken to covering her up if I'm cutting or sanding wood in the garage. I don't think I'll ever buy another bike with wire spokes though. They look nice when clean, but what a drag to try to keep that way.

But hey, where's your dirty bike picture? :???:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would ride my bonnie in the cold rain and snow if it weren't for the small problem that I would also be getting wet and cold.

Life's too short or I just can't be bothered. Either way....

P

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I really like having my bike nice and clean and shiny, but I like riding it even better, so when it's nice enough out to wash the bike, I go ride it instead.

But that said, I really do need to wash it soon and give it several coats of wax. And even more, I need to get a good five or six coats of wax on the car before winter hits. Vermont winters are not nice to cars; wax at least gives a little protection.

--mark

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
5 Months old. 5800 miles. Washed once. But I do give it a hore bath every now & then. (I know it is spelled wrong) Just a spritz & a wipe & some new smellem.
I have some body solvent we use at work that I put in one of those spray cans that you air up. I use it on the rear wheel & fender where the chain grease flings. Also spray the engine & spokes. Wash the painted surfaces with glass cleaner. Use Never Dull on the chrome. But it has been to the spray car wash only once. It always looks like I just cleaned it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Freshly washed eh ChuckofTahoe? Believe it or not I just washed the dirt off of mine from our ride last month. AHHHH it feels good to be clean again. :cool:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Here's my daily driver. I guess I'm somewhere in between... I try to keep it clean but certainly don't use a toothbrush and polish:

I've got to get some new pics. I've changed a few things since this one was taken in the spring.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hey buddy. I actually got a full detail about two weeks ago when I had new tires put on at Freedom Cycle. They do a a full steam clean at each service.

Since then, it has rained on me three times including last night coming home from work and the supermarket. The first time it rained it got muddy because of all the road dirt. Last night's rain was like a wash.

Right after I took those pics, I rolled her into the garage, took advantage of nature's rinse, and wiped her down with Bullet Proof. This morning I will lube the chain and it will look like she's been detailed. Plus apparently we are due for about ten days of dry, fall weather so I will be styling.

I was really pleased with the new rubber in the wet.

On 2006-10-07 01:20, Bryan wrote:
Freshly washed eh ChuckofTahoe? Believe it or not I just washed the dirt off of mine from our ride last month. AHHHH it feels good to be clean again. :cool:
[ This message was edited by: ChuckofTahoe on 2006-10-07 07:52 ]

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bob357, you cant fool me, Ive seen that bike. The only thing you are polishing is the three inches of dirt and mud on it. You just think Oklahoma Red Dirt is the fastest color... :hammer: :razz: :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.