Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out at which venue you could wear these:

http://www.bohnmotorart.com/catalog/bonneville-collection.php

The Neck Tie I could see, would be fine at work etc., but cufflinks? A bow tie?

Last time I wore a shirt with french cuffs? Maybe 1965? Maybe I'm missin' something, but does anyone wear french cuffs anymore?

A biker sportin' a bow tie? Again, I'm no fashion expert, but..

Anyway, maybe some interesting gift ideas.;)

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I wear cufflinks to weddings, thats probably the only time I wear long sleeve shirts.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Thankfully, I don't need to look that spiffy.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
yeah, bit tacky. I'll stick with my silver england flag cuffs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yea

Dressing up for me is when I put on a long sleeve shirt....

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I think guys look great in a nice, crisp shirt, no tie and cuflinks!!
Ahhh Rose, they'd shoot you where I went to school. The rule was if you took your tie off, you had to roll your sleeves up; sleeves down, tie back on.

·
Banned
4,433 Posts
I'm wearing a tux this weekend. French-cuff shirt, cufflinks, tie, etc. Not even a wedding, going to an SF convention and doing Steampunk. Spiffy hat, too.

I don't dress up a lot, but when I do, I do it right. The cufflinks are cool.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I hate wearing a tie. I had wear one for all 13 years of Catholic school I endured. I hate 'em.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I have a rack of ties collecting dust since my last job that I hope to never wear again. I don't mind dressing up sometimes, but we're pretty casual in this part of the world. You can go to the opera and see someone in jeans and a flannel shirt sitting next to someone in a suit, or even a tux, which almost seems out of place here, but would be more the norm in some cities like New York or Washington D.C. (EDIT: ... or in Philadelphia, where that one guy—I think they call him Owenbrau—will sport the occasional tux.) :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I flew to Las Vegas from Seattle for my job interview, they told me if I wore a tie, I would have bury it on the grounds. I knew I would like this place right from the start. I do have a good suit and a tie, but I use them sparingly so they will do to bury me in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts