Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday I'm leaving Long Island to head down to Philly. I'll meet up with a friend and we'll head north and spend several days riding around New York, New Hampshire, Maine, etc.

I'm trying to decide if I should take my heated gloves and jacket. It would free up quite a bit of room to leave them home, but I really hate being cold when I'm riding. The weather's calling for lows of 45ish and highs of 70ish. We won't be doing any super long days because it's a pleasure jaunt and we have nowhere special to be on any given day.

Any advice from experienced trippers?

Thanks,
Nancy

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Whether you should pack heat or not depends on how cold it's going to be. I think the lows this weekend are going to drop into the 40s.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I would if I were you.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
Make room for the heated gear! You won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I was all ready to make cold jokes in a gun thread and now I'm forced to scrabble for gun jokes in a cold thread.

Bad form!

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Take the gear. If it's cold you'll need it, if it's not cold you wasted a little space, oh dear.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
In the wordes of the famous surfer Corky...

"It is much better to be hot than cold."

·
Registered
654 Posts
Coastal northeast Massachusetts was 43 degrees at dawn a few days ago. Warms up nicely after about 10 am. Standard gloves for sure, heated stuff.....well that depends on how much time you plan on riding after the sun sets.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
At this time of year in the northeast, you can't go wrong packing heated gear.

If you happen to get wet at temperatures below 70 degrees, you'll be happy you have it.
If you happen to get wet at temperatures below 50 degrees, it could be a game changer.

Have a great trip.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I was all ready to make cold jokes in a gun thread and now I'm forced to scrabble for gun jokes in a cold thread.

Bad form!
I'm in the same boat. I wanted to make a sarcastic response and ended up making one that was sort of relevant.

I guess I should have read the original post first.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
You can use the "heated" gear without plugging it in, makes it suitable for a wide range of chilly to downright cold temperatures. The East Coast has a cold front moving in today, it'll be beautiful during the day but certainly not too warm, and chilly after the sun goes down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seriously, you guys don't make that packing heat joke when you have your heated gear? Hmph.

Thanks for the advice. The gear is packed and now I'm hoping for cold weather so I can show off.

P.S. Lefty, your response was in no way helpful. Does that help? hee hee

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Aye, aye, captain!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts