Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an 05 Sprint and an 08 675, but I'm thinking of somehow working out trading them / buying an 08 Sprint and 08 Thruxton...

What are your thoughts on the Thruxton? I rode a demo once or twice, but can't remember enough about it. Is it powerful enough? I know it won't be like the 675, but is it enough to have fun on? Does it have enough oomph for 2 up? How is it on the highway?

·
30,533 Posts
Yes you should. Off you go now, and report back with it, nice and shiny, in fifteen minutes. :D

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Retro Ride

I love my Thruxton, I commute every day on the freeway 100-140km's a hour is just fine, I go on trips with it and I go on 2-4hour weekend country rides and I never get board finding twities or laying down on the tank with a hand full of throttle.
Oh Ya! there's a million accessories which ad to the hobby factor.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You are probably answering your own question by upgrading models on the Sprint, and dropping the Daytona. The Thruxton is great fun, no false pretense, a touch of old school with modern manufacturing. The bike serves me well as a daily rider as well as 300-500 mile days. It is inexpensive to maintain, and pretty suitable in stock trim. I think bang for buck good tires and a little suspension upgrade makes a nicer ride though.

I'd love to have an S3 or Street, but honestly, the only time I really miss my 955i is on track days. You need to ride one to refresh your memory, but the Thruxton will give you a lot more contrast in your stable. Nice bikes you currently have though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
you know you want to??

I THINK YOU KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!
DO IT!!!!
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO IT !!!!!
THE THRUXTON IS GREAT!!!!!

(sorry too much caffine)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Replacing a triple with the twin will definatly be a major loss in power. There is no doubt in my mind the Thruxton could use 30 more HP.
Having said that, it is a honest bike that is just plain fun to ride. You really enjoy what ever speed you are moving at. Corners are fun, doing the mods are fun, and just owning a bike that generates so much conversation and attention is fun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea, got to agree. Thruxton.

Especially if you are heading into an 08 sprint also. It will give you plenty of "triple" fun in a nice modern sport bike way, then you would also have a great twin with classic styling that is a gas to run around on. I think they would be a great compliment to each other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts