Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know most parts are interchangable between the Bonnie and the Thrux but does anyone know if the short fender will work on either bike?

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
It should fit both bikes - and the scrambler as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ever seen one in person? I'm wondering if it's a $175 short if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nope, don't know what you mean, but Hermy's has them for $157 - the 68 series, which I believe fits all the retro models. Could call them up - or better yet, cut yours if you don't like it. That is free!
Where are you in NJ? I'm in Middletown.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I think you'll find that the short rear fender kits contain what is effectively a Thruxton mudguard, along with the reflector and bracket needed to mount it when replacing the long fender on a Bonneville or T100. If you've got a Thruxton, you've got this stuff already.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHA I meant is it worth the money. I'm wondering how short it really is compared to the stock. I found one on Ebay for $155. Thanks for the Hermy's headsup that good to know!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
You're confusing me. I assume from your forum name that you have a Thruxton? The 68 "short" fender is the same as a standard Thruxton fender.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
And the short mudguard is now used on the new 09 Bonnies and SE's ... The T100 is the only retro bike left that has the full rear fender ...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're confusing me. I assume from your forum name that you have a Thruxton? The 68 "short" fender is the same as a standard Thruxton fender.
Sorry PAAS I had replied before I saw your response. Yes I have an 05 Thruxton. Thanks for clarifying and potentially saving me time and aggrevation.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Sorry PAAS I had replied before I saw your response. Yes I have an 05 Thruxton. Thanks for clarifying and potentially saving me time and aggrevation.
No problem. Glad to be of help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts