Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm wondering - if you know that about those batteries, how much of an inconvenience would it be to say shine a halogen work light on the battery box for an hour before you wanted to ride. Seems to me, that might be a viable concession to make for the few times you're likely to go riding in sub 40 deg. weather....

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
I'm wondering - if you know that about those batteries, how much of an inconvenience would it be to say shine a halogen work light on the battery box for an hour before you wanted to ride. Seems to me, that might be a viable concession to make for the few times you're likely to go riding in sub 40 deg. weather....
Yes, I believe that would work. But that does not help me if I just want to fire a bike up spur of the moment. Taking seats off and shining lights or heat guns to warm the battery up is not going to work for me. Here where I live riding in the 40's is ideal for dirt biking.
I just don't think the LI / Le batteries are going to work for me here in SD. I liked the weight savings on the 450 but I am not concerned with the weight on my street bikes. They are also pricey little monsters, so that needs to be taken into consideration.
But to each their own and where and what you use my differ. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
in a racing application lightweight is key, within the rules. everyday not so much when a typical AGM battery works in any condition + lasts a long time if kept fully charged with any typical charger!! read a lot a while ago about lightweight batteries + only the $$$$$ actually worked in the cold, it was $$$ + they recommended the biggest one that fit $$$ + a dedicated charger was needed as well WHY BOTHER!!!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts