Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I want to try a hack. Wife says she MAY ride in one (she won't get near a 2 wheel motorcycle) but at best it will be for short rides in perfect weather. My Dog will be up for any ride he can get.

Don't want to spend a lot in case I find it isn't for me, but want something worth keeping in case I do like it. So looking for a good, low cost used rig. My research has led me to a Bonneville as a good tug. Also a ride I think I can enjoy if I dump the hack. I looked at and took short test ride on a 2001 SE with Bimmer sidecar last week and this week will be checking out a 2007 American with Velorex 562. Not sure I want a cruiser seating position so leaning towards the SE. I'll probably be negotiating price on the SE when I get home next week. I've bought the yellow book and started reading it. No hack classes I can find around here so will probably have to be self taught.

Any and all input welcome.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Do a search on here for sidecars, there have been several threads about them, may not be exactly what you want but its a starting point.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My wife tried a racing sidecar once , after two laps of the track we had to peel her fingers off the handhold's one at a time . She was frozen in place couldn't let go . It was a formula 2 only a 350 yam engine , she was a little nervous as the rider only had one hand the other was a hook . Yes she really enjoyed it as well . It was a charity event at a race circuit and she took her leathers so she could have a go .

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
As long as it is set up correctly they are great fun, the wife will love it. The only draw back is maintaining the bike, you give up access room. Send photos if you do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw that one. Awful pretty Could buy both the ones I’m considering for that price It is also in classifieds here. Too nice for me. By the time I ride a mile of gravel from garage to pavement I would have to hide the show bikes trophies I want one to spend more time riding on than polishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts