Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the Shoei Multitec helmet? It seems ideal (for UK riding) but what is it like to live with?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi bonnieboy
I've got a multitec and like it lots .
I use my old Shoei Syncrotec for riding to work still (its a short ride) because its getting old ,It's about 5 years old .
Now the newer Multitec is better then the older Syncrotec because of replacable cheek pads and D'ring chin strap,whisper guard is bether then nothing but still noiser then a normal helmet but its not so loud that you cant think .
I rate it as one of the best flip lids ,tryed others and they felt odd on my head Shoei just felt right .
hope this helps :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've been looking into a replacement for my 'El Cheapo' current flip-up lid and the Multitec is on my shopping list ;) But I'm going to take a trip to the dealerships up in Northern Ireland, our muppets in power charge 21.5% value added tax on helmets down south :mad: Safety equipment is zero 'vat' in the UK & Northern Ireland!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shoei Flipper

Can't help with the Multitec, but I've got about 20,000 mi. on the Syncrotec & it's a great lid. Slightly noisier than the equivalent one piece, but not enough to worry about.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Shoei

Hi
I considered the Shoei too when i was after a flip, in the end i got a caberg trip, similar polycarb construction and has an internal sun visor which is great.
The trip got 5 stars to the multitec's 3 and the flip mech scored better so it seems you dont always get value for money from a big name brand. I'm not bashing shoei as i have a full face and its great.
But its possibly quieter than the trip which is a but noisy at 70.
I love the convenience of the flip as a speccy wearer.

Cheers
Clive

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got one and use it every day in town though as it is warming up I have a Davida on order. It is a fantastic helmet in my opinion. Very well made, fantastic finish and fits my head very very well. Comes with 2 visors and extra chin and neck muff thingies.

Riding around town I can flip it up on the move or ride with it open and it is pretty stable and quiet on the motorway. Best helmet I have owned and I would buy another.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi
I considered the Shoei too when i was after a flip, in the end i got a caberg trip, similar polycarb construction and has an internal sun visor which is great.
The trip got 5 stars to the multitec's 3 and the flip mech scored better so it seems you dont always get value for money from a big name brand. I'm not bashing shoei as i have a full face and its great.
But its possibly quieter than the trip which is a but noisy at 70.
I love the convenience of the flip as a speccy wearer.

Cheers
Clive
Clive

Glad you like your caberg, not trying to talk you out of it... but the Shoei is not a polycarb helmet. Shoei makes all of there helmets out of AIM+ construction (fiberglass and there own proprietery fibers). Just a FYI.

J-Dub

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I have had a Multitec for about a year and it is great. It fits very well and is excellent at high speed. I don't have any kind of windscreen but with the Multitec there no noticable head load or buffeting even at 100mph or so.

Rich

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've been looking into a replacement for my 'El Cheapo' current flip-up lid and the Multitec is on my shopping list ;) But I'm going to take a trip to the dealerships up in Northern Ireland, our muppets in power charge 21.5% value added tax on helmets down south :mad: Safety equipment is zero 'vat' in the UK & Northern Ireland!
Update - picked up my Multitec last week and well pleased with it, mucho quieter and a better fit than the last lid.
Checked one shop in Dublin City, RRP was €495 but could do it for €450 cash (wonga talks?), was about to buy it on the spot but gave another dealer nearer home and he promised he could do a better deal than that - €395 :D against £378 up North!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts