Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Triumph Speedmaster
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Looking for suggestions/advice for:

1.- Shipping company to pick up my Speedmaster in Philadelphia and deliver in LA, early October.
2.- Riding back from LA to Philly, route and best scenarios to stop. This would be my first solo trip within the US.
Thanks in advance, any advice will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Not sure about delivery but someone mentioned PODS as a safe & economical choice...

As far as cross country in October - November, recommend having quick route alternatives mapped out in addition to longer scenic routes - in case of bad weather (unless okay with bad weather)?

Use paper map to verify any GPS guidance is correct - to avoid those 200 mile overnight circles in absolute middle of nowhere - pay close attention to landmarks too.

And, have good credit cards (ensure fraud alerts disabled by calling financial institutions) - you don't want a fuel pump denial when traveling out of your normal "banking region"...

Many stations are now automated cashier-less, therefore cash is useless, hence need for cards that veritably work...

Credit cards better than Debit btw in terms of hacking/ consumer protection - because not tied to your debit-account-personal-funds (and more discounts/ point incentives may apply).

·
Registered
675 Posts
Weather issues can quickly reek havoc, perhaps riding to LA and shipping the bike back to Philly would give you a better window of opportunity.
As far shipping goes, saving a few bucks up front, may not be worth the hassle of bad service. I would contact some local motorcycle dealers and find out who to use or who not to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts