Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guy use use to gloss up the engine on your speedys? Is it a spray or just a good rub down?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
The engine is powdercoated. Powdercoat=plastic. Bumpercare polishes plastic.

-> Any bumper shine product will work nicely. I like AutoGlym bumper shine myself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Simple Green has always worked well. A light spray on a cool engine followed by a light scrub with a soft bristle paint brush and then a light mist from the hose.

You can blow dry carefully with compressed air (set to low output like 40 psi) and then wipe with clean terrycloth or microfiber towel.

Do not run the engine until it's dry or it will water spot.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
If you have a Triumph with black casings, there is nothing better in the US than S-100 Engine Brightener. Maybe as good, but no way better. My 8+ year old engine looks new.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have a Triumph with black casings, there is nothing better in the US than S-100 Engine Brightener. Maybe as good, but no way better. My 8+ year old engine looks new.
went to Harley stealer today and picked up S100 engine brightener.
I will try it out tomorrow and keep you posted.
I have also used silicon spray on many things I didnt know since it never really dried how it would hold up with the engine heat.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
went to Harley stealer today and picked up S100 engine brightener.
I will try it out tomorrow and keep you posted.
I have also used silicon spray on many things I didnt know since it never really dried how it would hold up with the engine heat.
Well I used it. It works well, but I think it is just silicon spray with a fancy spray nozzel that sprays a fine mist. Works good. Price was not to bad.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I use CD-1 (I think that is what its called without going out to the garage to confirm) engine brightener. It's not a cleaner but a finishing product. I get it at AUTOZONE. Relitively inexpensive. Approx, less than $5 a spray can. It may have silicone. It's cheaper and in a larger can then PIG SPIT and the other stuff at motorcycle shops. Most excellent on flat rough cast black powder coat.

·
Registered
341 Posts
What do you guy use use to gloss up the engine on your speedys? Is it a spray or just a good rub down?
Motorex Clean & Protect spray, spray on wipe off, leaves engine lovely and shiny and protects aswell, can be used on the black plastic aswell. about £7 an aerosol..... 5*'s :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I use regular old S100 spray detailer on mine and it works well. I havent found the engine brite on the shelf yet but will try it if I see it.

Simple Green makes an aluminium safe spray that they carry at Home Depot. I think its called Percision or something. Its blue not green. I use it on my dirt bikes and it works well. Still dont trust it enough to use on the Triple.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts