Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to lower the shifter so I don't have to pull my foot so far up when i am leaning forward into the bike.

I was in a hurry after my ride to day and just gave it a once over. Didn't see anything that looked like it would raise or lower the shifter.

Is it adjustable?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you're talking about a 1050, you can raise and lower the shifter. There is a long shaft with one nut on each end that goes through the frame from the shifter pedal to the tranny. If you loosen both the nuts (one is left-hand and the other is right-hand) then spin the little shaft, the shifter pedal will move up and down. Once you have it where you want it, just tighten the nuts again.

The shaft thingy is part #5 in the picture.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have adjusted the shaft (5) to bring the shifter down, did the same with the rear brake. I find the slightly more lower position far more natural for me. Now with the genmar bar raisers the and the foot ergo's adjusted the bike feels like perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only the thing I don't like about that is that I won't know how much thread (from the shaft thingy)I have left in that coupler after I have backed it out.

I wondered if Calliways response was the best idea so far and now I notice it is not there anymore.

Anybody else have any input?

·
Registered
0 Posts
The only the thing I don't like about that is that I won't know how much thread (from the shaft thingy)I have left in that coupler after I have backed it out.

I wondered if Calliways response was the best idea so far and now I notice it is not there anymore.

Anybody else have any input?
Yep... Why not back it all the way out until it comes undone then you'll know what you have to play with? Then do it up again, of course.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep... Why not back it all the way out until it comes undone then you'll know what you have to play with? Then do it up again, of course.
I checked it when I did it and there is plenty of engagement each side. It does not need a lot of adjustement for a noticable improvement in feel (for me anyway).

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Looks like this is covered pretty well. Yes, a little adjustment goes a long way and it really doesn't take much to have a difference in feel. This also aids in shifting the upper gears.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts