Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've never changed my shift lights on my 07 speedie and they turn off at only 4000 rpm. Two things; how do I change them and what do I change them to?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
I forget the procedure of getting it to set . Hold all 3 in clock mode ? Till tacho shows on the display. Then press one button to move by 1000 and another to move by 100 then the last to lock it in.

I do not need lights to tell me when to shift. I use mine as an instant speed check . I set them so the green is on at 110kph then yellow is 117-120 red is about 130 kph. Instant speed reference when the LCD is hard to read.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forget the procedure of getting it to set . Hold all 3 in clock mode ? Till tacho shows on the display. Then press one button to move by 1000 and another to move by 100 then the last to lock it in.

I do not need lights to tell me when to shift. I use mine as an instant speed check . I set them so the green is on at 110kph then yellow is 117-120 red is about 130 kph. Instant speed reference when the LCD is hard to read.
That is a really good idea in regards to an easy speed indicator. In all honesty, I don't need them to tell me when to shift either, I just thought they were there and I might as well set them correctly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ignition on, press trip and scroll for 4 seconds.
tAcHo will appear in clock display.
press set for 4 seconds, rev limit will be set to zero.
press scroll to change the setting in increments of 1,000 rpm starting at 3,500 rpm.
press set then scroll to change in increments of 100 rpm
press set to confirm

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ignition on, press trip and scroll for 4 seconds.
tAcHo will appear in clock display.
press set for 4 seconds, rev limit will be set to zero.
press scroll to change the setting in increments of 1,000 rpm starting at 3,500 rpm.
press set then scroll to change in increments of 100 rpm
press set to confirm
Thanks for that, do you only adjust the final re light operation rather than the whole range? What would be the optimum setting given that you can't adjust differently for each gear? 9000rpm?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for that, do you only adjust the final re light operation rather than the whole range? What would be the optimum setting given that you can't adjust differently for each gear? 9000rpm?
Yup, that will give you the last light, where you would want to shift.

I set mine right at the redline.

·
Registered
51 Posts
First, you'll want to graduate sumo cu latte' from M.I.T. with an electrical engineering degree
Second, get highered on with NASA
Third, give up and put a piece of electrical tape over the console

1 - 8 of 8 Posts