Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats. Thats a purdy color to be sure. As to the brakes, my speedmaster did/does that too. I think it's pretty typical to some degree, and it will break in and stop or do it a lot less i'm sure. But if you think it sounds very loud and bad, take it back to the dealer and have em look at it. If you bought it new it's warranteed so no problems there.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy!

If you had a center stand (do you?) it would be easy enough to tell how much brake drag you have. A little bit at first is pretty normal until you use them a bit and they seat in. But, if in doubt, have the dealer run it up on a rack, or figure out how to do it yourself with a jack and a 2x4 and give the rear wheel a spin.

BTW: my Bonnie Black, with all of 76 miles on it drags a bit but I can't hear it when ridiing.

If you don't have a center stand I highly recommend it with a bike with a final chain drive. It make life much, much less complicated and encourages you to check out the chain, sprockets and brakes more frequently. Even encourages you to keep the chain lubed and clean when you can get at it so much easier.

Monte :cool:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
OK. We won't tell. BTW: what's you mom's name and phone number?

Seriously, I hope the little one had on a helmet and some long sleeved clothes, etc. A long time ago my brother was taking one of his little ones out for a ride around the block at less than 5mph and put his foot down on some gravel as he stopped. Toppled over in slow motion and his little boy got a nasty bang on the head.

I pulled a really dumb stunt once back in '68. I was riding my kids and my brothers' kids around the big 3 acre back lot behind my house in Maryland on my new Bonnie. Everything went fine (good thing because NOBODY was wearing any helmets, safety gear etc) and I passed the last kid on to my brother, moved my left foot a fraction of an inch preparing to dismount myself, slipped on the grass, also went over "slo-mo" - and hit a big rock that was sticking up maybe 4"s out of the ground, but under the grass. Broke my collar bone in one spot into about ten little pieces. You could hear a sound like "rice crispies" in there for a couple of months. And it never did heal even - left arm is 1" "longer" than the right. Do be more careful than I was!

Enjoy the ride!!! Its going to be a pretty exciting Spring down there in Malvern!

Monte :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! Bet you are sooo excited! Good to see a few women on this site. A great site for all women riders on all kinds of bikes, beginners or experienced, is VTwin Mama, Women With Motorcycles. You might want to check it out. Congrats! Ride Safe. Penney

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ride On Babydoll.I second the idea of PICTURES.You're in the gang now,show off!

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Women or no, Lion, please ixnay the hairy derriere quips.

I'm trying to wash my brain out with soap...

Ugh.

:evil: :-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts