·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the way the matte black turned out! Took me a while to start it but now it's running perfect. 2 months was way to long to be off of it! I've got a daytona tire hugger on the way to clean up the rear end. In the process of chopping up my front fender right now. drove in the rain a couple days ago without it and my mouth still tastes like the highway!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha yeah you're right. next, the subframe will be powdercoated and so will the wheels. that'll wait til the winter though!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I love the matte, or satin black. She looks cool. Is that a Thruxton seat and cowl?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Nice, well done :).

drove in the rain a couple days ago without it and my mouth still tastes like the highway!
lol

Oh yeah, do you know how to clean Matt Black paintwork? A bloke in a local bike shop was asking and it awoke my curiosity.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I better learn how!

I kind of regret going with flat black, you can see every little smudge and fingerprint! Oh well, it does look really cool!

Yes it is a thruxton seat and cowl. I think it turned out very nicely, and the seat follows the contour of the frame pretty well. I don't get the gripe others have about these seats. I think it fits well, and is really comfy! I also used bonneville tank pads, gators, and fender delete kit!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really love the handlebars. They feel great and help with slow speed maneuvering!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have to do any modifications to get the Thrux seat to fit?

Everything looks fantastic!
All I did was fit a seat latch system, bent the seat hooks in towards each other a little bit, and bolted on an extension for the seat tongue to catch. Simple job. Well worth it. It's a lot more comfy than my last seat

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I would like to see the lines of the seat; mine looks a little squat. Will you crouch down and take a side shot, not one looking down on it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'll shoot some more photos soon. I think it follows the lines of the frame very well

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just threw on the daytona tire hugger, and it looks SWEET! Pics will be up tomorrow. Now that the hugger is on, my bike is screaming "BATTERY RELOCATION TIME!". I know exactly what I'm going to do about it, and I found some batteries that will let me. All in time though. I haven't seen and tripples with the "see through" look yet, and that would top off the cafe build quite nicely!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Pictures of the tire hugger, and the lines of the seat/frame

That hugger fit so well. Only had to cut a small piece off to clear the brake line mount. Everything else bolted up, except for one spot. Lines up beautifully though

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks great! I never would have thought that Thruxton and Daytona parts would mount up so easily.

Do you have a full side profile picture? I'd like to see how the hugger looks in the total composition.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The best part about the hugger is that it has a chain gaurd attached to it!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts