Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I took a ride last Sunday. What a spectacular day; clear, in the 70's, the Pacific ocean sparkling (sorry, you folks in the interior or other cold parts of the world). We stopped to get something to eat. As we sat outside enjoying the sunshine, a woman started backing up her SUV. Simultaneously (but too late) my buddy and I realized that she was going to back into our bikes which were parked across the street (actually I thought she was going to miss my Thrux but hit my friend's really expensive Harley). As it turned out she ONLY (thank goodness) hit my front fender which snapped in two. After completely chewing her out, I finally calmed down and said: "thank goodness for cheap plastic and cheap lessons" (she promised to be more careful next time).

Now the question: I see that there is a carbon fiber replacement fender (and also a CF chain guard) available at newbonneville. Anyone tried either of these?

Thanks,
Shep

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Haven't seen those - but did get a chance to hold and examine a set of Cf side covers made by the same manufacturer. Very light and well made/finished. Pricey though $$$$. Thankfully the incident didn't knock your bike over causing more damage.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The cabon he sells is the Airtech . Nice but you have to drill your own holes . Besides , unless you do a lot of carbon just doing the fender would look kinda dumb . Just buy a new Triumph one on ebay or even the aluminum one by MAS .

·
Registered
799 Posts
Dont buy the MAS, its SH*T... you will have to spend another 200 for a brace if you use it - which if you want a brace, I guess it wont matter...I had one and they do look good!
Carbon - ahhhg, chuck, throw - chk chk rrrrwrap, st st st stupid ass looking....it belongs on street fighters.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the Airtech front but as mentioned above you have to drill the holes and to do it right cut it down. It is long in back like a Bonnie fender and has the sidemounts made for the smaller Bonnie front wheel. Took some work but mine came out nice but if I had to do it again I would just buy the polished aluminum one & be done with it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

And she said she would be more careful next time????? What she should have said is she is paying for your new fender right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just received her check. What she first said was she didn't see the bikes b/c she was watching her dog in the back of the SUV.

Ride (and park) safe,
Shep

1 - 7 of 7 Posts