Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man, went for a ride today, been planning it/thinking about it all week. Did 110 miles, what a beautiful spring day.:D

Took the day off from work and rode through the Santa Cruz Mtns. twisties out to the coast (Pacific Ocean, to those who know not what I am talking about). Stopped in La Honda for a cup of recharge and then continued west to Stage Road (Paved goat trail over to Pescadero). Picked up a loaf of focaccia bread made with the local harvest of garlic & artichokes.;)

Up Pescadero Creek Road, back through La Honda, on down into Woodside.

Took Canada Road to Pulgas Water Temple, man I did not want to stop the ride but, it's getting around two in the PM and that's when the cagers start re-infesting the traffic.

The bike and my ride was soooo purrrfect, that I had to share with you all. 99% of the time, there was nobody in front of me or behind. A truley purrfect day for a ride.

I replaced the the stock A/F with a K&N before the ride. No mods. to the bike except TOR's & 115 mains. Lots of chrome add-ons though. I get looks & thumbs up from folks riding bicycles all the time.

Man, this bike is sweet. It will slide me back on the seat in all power band/gears.

I posted about the occasional "pop" in the exhaust that I was experiencing in deceleration, well today there was none. She just performed and sounded great. Confidence was high due in no small part to the weather, the bike, and zero traffic. The mountain roads just called for the throttle.:cool:

Just had to share.:D

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Surprised I didn't see you today ... Did 175 miles down 1 through Pacifica to Santa Cruz, up through the hills and then back via Skyline ... Like you, I took the day off for my first day's ride on my new 08 black. Great day out there today! :D

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Surprised I didn't see you today ... Did 175 miles down 1 through Pacifica to Santa Cruz, up through the hills and then back via Skyline ... Like you, I took the day off for my first day's ride on my new 08 black. Great day out there today! :D
It's all a matter of timing, I guess.;) I got home to Cupertino about 2:45. I will go out Stevens Canyon to HWY 9, Skyline north to Alpine and out to 84 to the coast that way. Or like today, went Foothill north to 84 and out west to La Honda & Pescadero, back east to home.

I live where the twisties are in my backyard.:cool: But, I Quit riding the mountains on weekends 'cause the packs of people on sportbikes
draggin' knees around blind curves began to bug me.

A few months ago, someone,(a local resident no doubt) threw oil accoss 84 west of La Honda and 7 riders ate it. Nobody seriously hurt though. But it is telling on the impact/lack of respect that these people have on the locals.

Anyhoo... yes, today was sublime!:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts