Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Well i still havent bught a helmet yet, i'm just not sure about the quality of the trip, maybe its snob value but £100 for a helmet seems a bit cheap.....

Anyway i have tried the shark evoline which seems pretty cool as it can be ridden as a either full or open face. My only concerns are
The visor doesnt come down as far as the trip so the lower edge is quite visible - the clocks arnt in the tinted vision area.
wind noise - that old chesnut, is it drafty?

If anyone has one i would appreciate the feedback.

Chers
Clive

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just did a 100 mile ride with my new Evoline. I am very happy with it. I love how easy it is to go from full face to ¾ with one hand and back again. I was on slow back roads in the open position and was able to switch to the full face as I came on to the faster bit on the move. It is "relatively" quite in all configuration (full, open shield down/up). I did not find the edge of the shield to be an issue. The only thing I found out was that more bugs hit your face with an open face helmet! I don’t really have any complaints.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just tried one on this afternoon. It was very comfortable in both open and full face positions. The only issue I saw (may just be me) is the inner tinted visor seemed a little short. The bottom edge looked like it would distracting when riding. It also caused a little distortion when I was inside the shop. When I walked outside the distortion seemed to disappear. I don't know why. I am still thinking about it but I am pretty sure theis will be my next helmet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also interested in getting more feedback.

I decided that a modular helmet would be the best option. I looked at various flip-ups, but I like the versatility of a modular. What I can't stand is the limited distribution of European manufacturers in the US; I would love to see/try-on a Roof boxer V or V8 and a Schuberth C2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts